Sunday, August 26, 2007

First week of school

The kids enjoyed there first week of school. The first day was kind of stress filled for me. One thing I have learned about myself over the years is how much I like schedules and being prepared. So when we had Joshua's hospital stay I was not able to devote those two weeks (which I had planned on doing) to writing out a game plan for school. I already had all my books and a basic idea but nothing written out. So the very first day I was making things up as I went along. That night I stayed up way late but I at least got a weeks worth of planning written down. The rest of the week went well. I am amazed at how quickly Emma is picking things up. She already has a list of sight words she knows and all of the sudden reading has become easy for her. She doesn't like the fact that she still has to sound out words. Which is actually great because she is so motivated to memorize words.

Jared and Sarah have picked up really well. They both work hard to get done. right away I can see major strengths and areas to work on. I think this year will be a great year.
Joseph keeps talking about going to school and was really mad that the first day of school was simply at home and that we didn't actually "go" to school. This year is a little different in that the kids will go to school every Tuesday from 8-2. They are all excited about that and I think the boys will love that special time with me.




I let Joseph take pictues to help keep him busy while I was trying to teach Emma. Hey...Whatever works.

No comments: