Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas


Last year I made the cutest Christmas card and never sent it out. This year? I took the kids picture and that is as far as I got. I am hoping to make a birth announcement and send a letter then. We have moved so much in the past few years that no one has our current address so I am sad to miss out on others cards. I was joking the other day that I felt like we should be moving since the baby is due and we have always moved after I have had a baby.

Speaking of sweet baby. I am feeling very ready (physically at least) to have Baby Jacob here. My hips are achy if I stand to long. I still have a lot of preparation to do before he gets here though. I have the quilt all ready to be sewn. Thanks Auntie Hope for doing that. I ha a hard time picking out the fabric but once I did I was so excited. I wanted to stay away from the same old same old being this is my fourth boy. So I picked a retro color scheme and patterns. Navy blue, burnt orange, mustard yellow, chocolate brown, and white/cream. I love it

I painted this the other day to match his blanket.(the pic is from my phone, sorry not the best)
I was so happy with the way it turned out. It was time consuming but not hard. I painted the whole canvas brown. Then I taped off squares. I painted each square a different color. I then made the numbers into stickers with a sticker maker my mom had given me a few years back and put those in place. Painted over them with different colors. Then I took the tape off and rubbed along the edges so the painted would look rustic. I have no free hand ability and so I go through extra steps but I love my finished project.

It felt good to do a project. For christmas I also made these super cute aprons for two of my SIL's. I will have to have them take a picure so I can post them. I was proud f those two. Before that I had not been in much of a crafty mood. I wish my body would allow for my creativeness.

Today I did all of my baking and it to all the life out of me. Feels good to have it all done!

4 comments:

Ricki said...

Well, I am one of those people that has a christmas card ready to send to you guys...and no address! So, e-mail it to me @ rickichambers@msn.com please!!! I love the picture!!! That is pretty neat! I can't believe how big your kids are getting!

Candy said...

I did not get any baking done this year. I love, love your picture! I too made aprons for everyone on my list this year. (Actually I made just about everything I did this year- I wanted to do just a really simple Chrismas) That baby will be here before you know it:)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family! We have a card, in an envelope with your name on it. Then I realized I didn't have our address. Luckily, Laura emailed it to us. So...it will get there for New Year's.

Love the artwork too.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!! I'll be lucky if my christmas cards make it to anyone before christmas. But thanks to your pictures I got the cards made.

I love your numbers board. you have such a great eye for things.