Monday, August 31, 2009

A little of this and a little of that.

Tonight we went to Sean and Allie's for a gender party. What is that? They are expecting a baby in Jan. They had their ultrasound today and told the dr to write down what gender the baby is then he sealed it in an envelope. They gave that to a friend and she baked a cake with the appropriate color on the inside. Such a cute idea. It was so fun watching Allie's face as she realized she would be having a girl. I am thrilled because little girl stuff is just so fun to buy and now that I am done I still get to love this sweet little baby.

On the way home Joshua was rather upset that we were leaving. He had calmed down and then stated, "I wish I could watch tv so I could be happy." We all cracked up. Silly boy.

Lindsay, Ryan's sister, is engaged and plans on getting married the Sat after Thanksgiving. I get to make the cake which I am rather excited about. After the last one I realized it really isn't that bad. And this time I plan on doing fake cakes. So if I mess up, no big deal! And I can make them way in advance. Sweet. She is also letting me help with the announcements and the idea she has is super awesome. I do love helping with wedding planning! So fun. By the time my girls get married I should be a pro!

Ryan took me to go see wicked. I loved it! It is the first time he has ever been to a musical that was not done locally and had a family member in it. A "Real" musical as the kids would say. I forgot how much fun musicals are. I have been listening to the music with the kids and we all bust out singing to our hearts content. I do love that the kids love to sing with me. Even Jared will sing away. My life really is great!

I am blogging! Why the sudden change? Because I have discovered Ryan's apple. My computer was on it's last leg and any thing I did took forever! I love technology, but not as much as you you see. I think I need to watch Napoleonic dynamite again. It's been awhile.

I have spent a lot of my free time reading lately and I forgot how much I love it. Before summer started I read an article that helped me to want to give up the tv. SO Ryan and I hardly ever watch tv. A little on the weekends. Its been refreshing. We talk more and read more. Tv just isn't as good as a good book. I finally finished the Harry Potter series. It only took me 9 years. And I am now reading My Three Cups of Tea, The Summer Kitchen, and The Shack. It takes me awhile to get into a book but once I do I don't want to put it down.

Enough randomness for one night.

No comments: