Saturday, October 01, 2011

31 Days of Slowing Down

Sometimes, ok a lot of time, at the end of the day I wish I had spent more quality time just being with the kids. I feel like I am so busy doing I forget to really engage with the little people. Some of my kids demand it and so they get it. Others are so easy going I think they slip through the cracks a little bit.

I have decided to spend the next 31 days doing something. That was vague on purpose. I am going to make an effort to slow down in some way or another and really be here for my kids. My thought is that something, no matter how small, is more then nothing.

Tonight Ryan, Jared, and Sarah are all gone at outside activities. After we put the kids to bed I taught her to make friendship bracelets. Nothing major. Just one on one time with my arts and crafts girl doing something I knew she would love. I want her to always feel comfortable talking with me and like hanging out with me. I love this sweet girl.

This year she has really started to love reading and has decided to take on the Harry Potter books much to the delight of her older siblings who love them so much! She loves her teacher and told me she has been trying really hard not to be so chatty. I always had that problem, I guess I still do.

1 comment:

Lissy said...

You are such a great mom, I love reading your ideas!