Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Days 3 & 4

Last night for family night Ryan and I told the kids stories about out grandparents. I even told them so very old stories of my ancestors. It was neat to see how excited they got. I love these kids.

When the little ones went to bed I tool the time to teach the older two how to use familysearch.org and newfamilysearch.org. I was thrilled with how excited they got. They were asking all kinds of questions and looking up census records. They were even fighting over who got to do it next.

I am such a believer that part of understanding who you are is understanding where you came from. Amazing people came before me and have so much wisdom to offer if I will just let them. I wish I had time to sit and read every story and memorize it all so that is was deep in my heart

Today my poor Joshua was sick. He has croup and he just sounds so sad. Normally when my kids are watching tv cause they are sick and that is all they can do I like to get things done because they are...well...entertained. Today I sat and rubbed his back instead. I would stop to turn the page of the book I was reading and he would ask so sweetly if I would keep doing it. I'm grateful for this 31 day project. Otherwise I would have missed out on some of these experiences.

No comments: