Monday, December 19, 2005


Jared went to a birthday party on Saturday. As almost all boy parties at this age are star wars parties this one would be no different. He came home with this Darth Vader mask that Joseph instantly took as his own. He then stole Jareds light saber away and was try to keeawing everyone. It was hilarious. Jared was a great sport and encourage him all the way.So I have this great idea that we are going to go to the mall to get a picture with Santa. First I must say that I was at the mall about a week earlier and they had "The Santa" He looked so real. When we get there to take the kids picture I realize we have be tricked. This Santa was a very nice man and spent time asking the kids what they wanted and told them to be good and that they should clean their rooms when they got home. Which Emma did in the morning with out a word of complaint. Joseph wailed as soon as we got close. Ryan and I laughed because we had just been talking about the funny mom's who make there kids sit with Santa while they scream their heads off. Poor Santa, he must put up with so much.


This is the cutetest picture.
We were at our church Christmas
party
and Joseph was glued to his dad.
So Santa comes to our Ward party and Joseph is not so mad because I had Jared hold him and I didn't make him even look at Santa. To bad the girls are not looking.


Sarah is up on her knees. I think she loves being seen. The kids did a great job singing in the program. Jared is in the middle of both pictures. Kind of hard to see him.
So this week was crazy!!! I spent all week scraping the last of my Christmas gifts not finishing until.... Oh wait I'm not done yet. Hopfully by the end of the day I will be done. Then on Saturday I spent all day baking. I had this crazy notion that I had to make turtles. So after one failed attempt I had to try again. Turtles are so time consuming. Then I made fudge and two kinds of cookies I added after eight mints and I was proud of my goodie plates. I will say it beats the store bought pie I got last week. I love that people think of us this time of year. I am not complaining. The best neighbor gift I got was a bag of oranges. Yum. And I can eat them with out getting sick. My neighbor is very thoughtful that way. The other clever thing we got was some cookie dough that said on it... Just a little extra dough for this Christmas season. And she didn't have to spend any time in the kitchen. It was great because then I cooked those and gave them to the kids church teachers. Is that considered regifting?

2 comments:

Shannon Bieger said...

Turtles? What are you thinking? At Christmas? Go for eaaaaaaaasy! You over-achiever you! LOL!

Love the new pics of the kids! Especially the ones of them dressed as angels. Awww! And Joseph and Emma look so much alike don't they?? Wow!

Random samplings of my Delightful Life said...

I know I am crazy. It was just one of those odd things I HAD to. Why was that again?

Emma and Joseph look so much like my side of the family. I have this pic of me at Emma's age and she is my double. It is way fun.