Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday evening thoughts

It has been to long and I plan to blog a ton in the coming weeks but for now I had to write my feelings. I am sad and proud, worried and excited, content and yet concerned. Lets start with the good. I have been thinking a lot about my three oldest children. Probably because I ask so much of them and sometimes I worry but right now I feel Heavenly Father has opened my eyes to all that is good in these three very different and very special and unique off spring of mine.

Jared is so confident for his age and seems to handle himself so well. He has an amazing understanding of the gospel. He knows what is right and strives to do what he knows. He is smart and good looking. He has such a tender heart and I feel so blessed to have him as my first born son to lead such a great example for the rest of my little blessing. Plus he is very concerned about me and making sure I am happy. He loves it when he can make me laugh and so do I.

My next post is going to be all about our trip to San Fran with just Jared. More about him to come.

Sarah today set such a great example to me and I was rather humbled. She has been so nervous about starting a new school tomorrow and worrying about if the other girls will be nice to her. Last night she decided to turn to the scriptures. She came back to me and showed me a paper she had written. In this paper it described Ruth and what she went through as she had to go to a new place and meet new people. She then compared herself to Ruth and how if Ruth can find peace so can she. Then today she decided to fast that Heavenly Father would help her make friends. Sarah showed me the way to deal with hardships and uncertainty. Random side note- We got her star testing this week and she got a 100% on every single test. I didn't even know you could do that.

Sarah has been working on writing a book during the summer. She finished it up the other day and it is over 20 pages long. It is funny and very well written. She plans on saving her money up so that she can have it put into the Amazon store. I think some day her name will be well known.

EmmaLee, My sweet precious Emmy. I think often she feels the pressure of being Sarah's little sister. When we got her star testing results she did amazing and was above average in almost everything. I believe she scored better then the other kids did at her age. But she seemed disappointed with her results at first. She was comparing herself to Sarah. I told her again how smart I know she is and told her that her scores were simlilar to Sarahs when Sarah was 8. Then today her church primary teachers were over and they just couldn't say enough good things about how smart and wonderful my Emma is. She seemed to really beam. They gave her what I could not. Another Great example to me that Heavenly Father is very aware of us.

Emma is also very artistic and creative. She drew a bunch of beautiful letters for me today. She seems to think in pictures and I am excited to watch her talent grow. She loves to mommy the little boys. Helping them when ever they need it. Betty has become her little side kick and I think she would let Betty sleep in her bed if I let her.

Why the sadness? Tomorrow is their first day back to school and our summer was interrupted way to much by sickness and I felt like I missed out on my children and the fun we were going to have. I am sad to see them leave my home and I will miss them. Now Joseph will be gone all day too and I just feel sad for myself. On a good note, we live so close to the school I will get to walk them to school in the morning. I have always wanted to be able to do that.

1 comment:

April Perry said...

Darling children, Susan! I hope their first day of school is wonderful. You're doing great work.