Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My wonderful family!

What a wonderful weekend! Ryan's Papa John was baptized on Saturday and we were blessed to take part in that. It was so tender to watch him go into the waters of baptism. He looked so majestic. Tears filled my eyes as I thought of the wonderful ordinance he was partaking in. I take for granted all I have in my life. I have been blessed with such a feeling of God's love for me and my family. How do people survive without that knowledge and comfort?

It was so sweet to watch my father-in-law gentle take Papa John in his care and dunk him under the water. You could see the tenderness on his face as he wanted to make sure Papa John was ok yet making sure he made it all the way underwater. Then the sweet embrace followed by tears all around.

We then listened to testimonies by the older grandchildren. I am so blessed to be a part of this amazing family. They have such strong faith and knowledge of what is right and each one of them in their own way are trying their best to do what God wants of them.

The next day we went to church at Grandma and Papa Johns church. The confirmation was beautiful. What touched me the most that day was an amazing 16 year old girl. She seemed wise beyond her years. She couldn't understand why more teens weren't following the prophets council and doing what they knew was right. I remember feeling that same way when I was in college. I had finally gained a deep testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel and I wanted everyone to love and appreciate it the same way I did. This young girl gave me hope in the rising generation. I talked with her mom afterwards and she told me how this girl struggled for two years with what she believed but once she decided and committed she never looked back. I hope I can give my children that growing and breathing room. I truly am scared to raise teenagers. Things have gotten so much harder then just ten years ago. I can't believe some of the stuff I hear goes on with the youth. Satan is working so hard to make the teens feel worthless. I will teach my children who they are, truly. So that when the time comes when all else is crazy they will understand that they are a child of God. Right now that is all I can think to do. Just random samplings!

Then we had dinner at Grandma and Papa John's house. It was so wonderful. Grandma Ardee was so cute with my children. Joseph was clinging onto Ryan's arm when Grandma was trying to talk to him. He just hide behind Ryan. So she bent down and grabbed Ryans other leg. I think that got his attention. I also got to get to know My mother-in-laws sister Candie. She was hilarious. I really could relate to her. I felt like I had known her for years. I only wished I had more time with her. I drive home took three times longer then it should have. I guess it was a horrible accident. But all in all it was a great weekend.

No comments: