Sunday, August 17, 2008

I am the mother of a double digiter!

Is that even a word, digiter? (Jared touched up this picture! I was impressed. He asked me how to do what he wanted and I told him but he did it. He wants to know all their is to know about photoshop)Jared is now 10. He has seemed 10 to me for some time because he is so responsible. It was his year to have a big party. Being a boy it was a simple party and he was thrilled. I took him, his uncle Tim, and Cousin Luke to Boomers for free play. We went there because Jared thought Laser tag would be cool and this was the only place around that does it. It turned out to be kinda lame. It was inside this blowup thing with out good air ventilation and the boys said it was way to hot. But they loved minature golfing and went twice.It was fun to watch th boys be non competitive with each other. They wanted to do their best but they were cheering each other on the whole time.
They also went on the bumper boats that spray water at each other and the race cars twice. We also stopped by the arcade that sucked their money so fast it wasn't even funny.
When I asked them what their favorite part was they said the bumper boats. Their was this old guy with his grand kids that got a kick out of squirting everyone. I think they enjoyed being able to get him. They were soaked when they got off. Good thing it was warm out. A round of miniature golf warmed them up.

Then we headed home for pizza and cake. It was gettin late and the cake didn't sound good so we saved it for the next day. Ryan and I set up the tent and started the fire in our backyard while they ate. Once we got them settled with smores they were so excited to get into the tent. Our backyard is so great for little, while they aren't really little anymore, boys. In the morning they told me how they think they heard a snake and maybe even a dog. They were so excited.

They built the bionicles I bought as party favors and played on the tramp until it was time to take Tim to Grandma's (he had piano lessons) We then hung out till lunch, sung happy birthday, and ate cake there. Jared found this cake online and asked me to make it. We spiced it up a little by adding oreo cookie dirt, chocolate covered raisin rocks, and a graham cracker road. I also put gummie worms in the middle of the cake, they were supposed to be snakes because of Indiana's fear. The kids thought that was cool. The cake tasted so good. It had a few layer because I used this cool pan my mom gave me that takes out the middle of the cake so you can put a filling in. I put frosting, cake, gummies, and crushed oreos. Yum.. I only had a little taste but yeah, it was that good.!

I think he had a great day!

Jared is such an amazing boy and I feel privileged as his mother to be a part of his life. He is so caring towards me and is always the first to give me a hug and ask how he can help if he sees something is stressful to me. He Loves so fully! He works hard at whatever it is he wants to accomplish. I remember when he wanted to read the Lord of the Rings serious last yea
r and I thought for sure it would be to hard for him. Because all his friends had seen the movie and he had not I think he wanted to see what was so interesting. He did it and understood it.

He has been playing basketball this summer and I have been amazed at how good he has gotten in such a short time simply because he wants it. He set some amazing goals this last week and I have no doubt he can achieve them. I think the world off this kid and I wish for all parents to have a son to love and be loved like Jared.

2 comments:

Ricki said...

10!!! I cannot believe the boy is 10! Time really does fly! He looks so tall, too! You did an amazing job on his cake! That is another thing I miss about you! Your cakes! My kids have had store bought cake since you guys moved!

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of Jared. There has always been something extraordinary about him. We can only imagine what great things he will accomplish in his life.

We love you so much, Jared. Next year we will be home to celebrate with you - can't wait.