Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ramblings on a Wednesday

I can't believe I am posting again so soon. Yeah me! I have a moment because the older three are in school and the little boys are watching cailou off of netflix. We finally got a tv that works from my brother-in-law. I priced TV's the other day and was shocked by how expensive they are now. They don't even make cheap tube TV's anymore. Score for my husband because we know have a big screen and the computer hooks up to it so I can now watch my internet shows on a real tv. Who knew?

Ok not the reason I was posting. Because it is just the little boys and I today we dropped the kids off and went straight to run errands. Target is the best place to shop at 8 in the morning. Then I realized I was starving so we sat in at Jamba Juice and got a smoothie and bagel to share. The music was kinda 90's retro and Joseph said to me,"Mom this sounds like he is chewing gum." This kid cracks me up because he is always thinking outside of the box. I hope he never loses his individualistic thinking. It is endearing. When it was time to go Joshua got so mad at me because he wanted to hold the smoothie. I got him buckled then walked around the car and sat down. Then something flies by me and my once screaming child gets quiet. "What was that?" Then he, with tears still on his cheek, throws another small piece of bagel and starts to laugh hysterically. I cracked up. He turned his anger in to constructive play. That's a good thing, even if it does mean I now have to clean up small pieces of bagel out of my car. It was a good start to the day.

Then we head over to the book store where there works the best book lady ever. She has a website where she reviews kids books books4kids.com The reason I love this lady is because she know about every single book in the store. Se call tell you the author and give you a review. Want a book for your child's reading level and interest she has 10 suggestions. My kids love her because she is so good at putting together your ability with your likes. While in the store Jared calls and he has forgot his lunch, which means no nap for Joshua before karate. I am hoping he does ok??? On the way to get Jared's lunch I get pulled over. I guess I crossed double yellow lines to get into the turning lane and that is a moving violation. He was nice and only gave me a fix it ticket for my back light that is broke, It broke when my tire blew out on the freeway. SO no big deal.

We have had a mellow morning/early afternoon. I also have been doing laundry non-stop since last night because I once again have a dryer. I forgot how wonderful having a dryer is. It makes me happy! Now off to their first Karate lesson. I am very curious how they are going to get my 2 year old to learn karate.

And a random picture just because I can and I have no idea why it is underlining my statement.

1 comment:

Julie Winder said...

Thanks for the book review site. Anneka loves things like that. I love that last picture, it has such a warm glow to it!