Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Tis the season...

Our Thanksgiving was a unique one for me. Joshua got really sick the Sunday before. I felt so sad for the little guy. I have never had a child throw up as much and for as long as this poor kid did. I sat on the couch with him all week and felt rather lazy. He just wanted some one to be by him. When I did get up he would follow me and not stay laying down. So I got to do a lot relaxing whether I wanted to or not. Wed he was doing much better and only threw up once and it was after Joseph gave him some candy so I thought we were in the clear.

I woke up on Thanksgiving feeling like I had food poisoning but luckily it didn't amount to much. About 20 minutes after arriving to my MIL's Joshua threw up. We quickly cleaned him up and I rushed him home. While everyone else was eating Thanksgiving dinner Joshua and I to naps. Then Ryan and I switched and I went to see bolt with the family. Not really a family day which made me a little sad.

Then I decided to venture out Friday morning and finish my shopping. On my way to toys r' us I heard on the radio that mervyns is going out of business so I headed over there and scored so big. Everything in the store is 50% of and I got tons of clothes for the kids. Not a lot of christmas presents but some super good deals! Then I went to toys r' us, walked in, discovered the line, debated for... a minute, then went to target and finished my shopping! so now I can say I am done, except for my husband who changes his mind on a daily basis. He is so cute. He says he thinks he likes the idea of presents more then actually having them.

I am so much more excited for Christmas this year then I was last year. I think I was in super grumpy mood the whole season and I am glad to be back to myself and love the joy of the season!!!. Our christmas tree is up and I am anxious to get to make goodies that I can't eat but will have to at least taste! I want to wrap presents and enjoy having school off. I look forward to getting stuff together for the birth of sweet baby Jacob who is so active and wiggly I wonder if that will reflect upon his personalty.

2 comments:

Candy said...

I am glad your little one is feeling better. We had fun with Grandma Ardee and Papa John here for Thanksgiving. Love the Halloween pictures - and lucky you to be done with Christmas shopping - I am making things this year and I have bearly started - I can hardly wait to see your tree and stuff - love you all!

Julie Winder said...

Wow, not long before you guys will have a baby, so exciting. Loved all your photos from Hawaii, what a fun time for your family:) I am sorry you had sick family on Thanksgiving. Sick kids is so hard:) Glad you are all feeling better:) Happy Holidays:)