Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Baby Jacob

I had an ultrasound today. I guess I have been measuring big the last few times I went to the Dr's. At 29 weeks I measured 30 then at 31 I was measuring 33 weeks. At the ultrasound I was 32 weeks and 1 day but the baby is measuring 33 weeks and 3 days. He is still a boy. His estimated weight is 4lbs 9 ozs. That seems so big considering people have 6 lb babies. I believe Ryan was a 6 lb baby. As of right now I am not sure what this means for me. My brother was 10 lbs and had problems being delivered. I think they had to dislocate his shoulder. I really don't want that.

What am I hoping for? I am hoping that my given due date is simply off. I was never sure on the due date. With that said then I hope I go into labor on my own sooner then later. If I don't go into labor on my own I am perfectly fine with being induced a week early. As I recall my brother was two weeks late which would account for his huge size.

I am excited to see this little guy and to have him be apart of our family. It was so wonderful to get to see his little face today and see his heart beating strong.

My original due date is Jan 20th. If I do go a week early he will be born the 13th. My ideal due date? I think it would be the 10th early in the morning. That way it will be a weekend and I won't have to worry about school or work. If only it worked that way. I have never had a baby come more then a week early.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're so excited for you and excited about our new family addition. What a lucky boy to have such amazing, loving parents and siblings. Wish you were closer. Miss you!


Mary Ann

Anonymous said...

Susan! I ALWAYS get such a warm and fuzzy feeling when I look through your blog. You truly look like you're relishing your life! Your family is way beyond adorable. I'm shocked at how busy you are with being pregnant on your 6th! The photo of your house looks like it is in an extraordinary setting. Your photos are unique. I would love for you to take all of Julieanne's wedding photos some day. You've got major talent goin' on! I know I've said this before, but I'm sure your parents are so proud of you. Aunt Carol

Whitney Carnohan said...

Hey Mamma! You look so good, the exact same! And your kids are so big and beautiful! You guys look so happy! Congrats on the new baby...pregnancy! (I was just blog jumping and found yours!...yeah!)