Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Halloween

So it is almost Thanksgiving and I am just now getting Halloween updated, at least I am doing it.
We got back from our trip on the 29th and that day was shoot. I knew it was going to be like this so I got there costumes all ready in back in Sept. Jared wanted to be Indiana Jones so Joseph wanted the same thing. I went to the thrift store and got them tan pants and dress shirts that looked tan. Joseph also found cowboy boats and he was so excited. I got Jared a cowboy hat and I thought it work. I then made them bags like Indiana's and a whip. Thanks Hope for showing me how to do that.

While we were there Emma saw a night dress that looked just like Wendy's from Peter Pan. I think it cost me like $2. Seriously how could you beat that. We later found her slippers from Target that were perfect. Joshua was going to be a knight. He talked about it for days. The day before Halloween we found a tigger costume some one had given to us and he changed his mind. I didn't care cause they were both from previous years.

Since everyones costumes were so cheap I told Sarah she could whatever she wanted. She found a princess costume and decided she was Ella from Ella Enchanted, we were reading the book.

Do you notice anything odd about these pumpkins?We carved our pumpkins the night before Halloween. The kids were so excited when we put them on the porch the next day. A few hours later Joseph comes running in to tell me Joshua threw a pumpkin down the hill. If you have not seen my house before here it is. The pumpkins were right by the front door and went all the way to the bottom of the hill. I was shocked there was not more damage. I started to feel mad then Ryan said to me, "Can you imagine how cool that was to watch to a two and four year old." Come to find out it was not a pumpkin it was all the pumpkins. Joseph fessed up that they both did it. Funny boys.

We started out our evening visiting Great Grandma and Grandpa Chapman. They seemed pleased to see all the kids. We then went around there neighbor hood till it got dark Then we headed over to the church for some trunk-or-treating. The kids had so much candy it was crazy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pumpkins made me laugh! I love Ryan's perspective. What a great dad!