Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Celebrations

Emma's birthday is actually tomorrow but we decided to have her party two weeks early so that her friends could make it. I figured everyone would be out of town this week and she has never really had a big party. She choose tinkerbell as her theme and it was so easy to find tink party stuff. My friend Shannon gave me some awesome quick ideas so that I could throw her party together in a really short time period. I normally do more homemade stuff but being pregnant I bought all the store Tink stuff I could find.

As the girls arrived Emma sprinkled them with fairy dust and then Sarah read to them from her Tink book. I was surprised that the girls sat still for this. Then they colored wands for the pin the wind in Tinks hand game. As we turned the girls around we all said "I do believe in fairies" The girls got really into this. After their turn they got fairy makeup put on.

We then had a tea party with all small fairy size food and warm apple juice for tea. After this they decorated foam wands with sparkly stuff and ribbons.

Emma was so anxious for presents so when she wanted to do it know I said sure. She was so thrilled. She truly loved all her presents.
Instead of making a big cake Emma wanted to let the girls decorate their own cupcakes. I think most the girls enjoyed this. And after you feed them and sugar them up what do you do? Hit a pinata and eat more sugar. The funny thing about the pinata, I don't really like them. But when Emma saw this she had me put back the fairy wreaths we were going to make so that she could get it. The pinata broke but not where the candy was so I just ripped it open.
This is what I put in the pinata. I made three little bags labeled fairy gem, stone, and jewels and tied them together so that each girl would get the same amount. I didn't want fits over candy.We played pass the parcel as I read a fairy book. Every time I read the word fairy they had to pass their goodie bag to the left. This was funny to watch because we had some smaller girls who didn't really get it. Then we sent them home high on sugar.

Once all the girls left I collapsed on the floor. I actually feel asleep on the couch. I had to go to a youth activity at 10pm that night and I was glad I had set an alarm to wake myself up. The youth were meeting at the bishops house and from 10-12 were going to watch a movie and hang out then from 12-2 in the morning play broom hockey at the ice rink. I was not about to stay up till two. I sent my counselors and I am just so grateful to have amazing counselors who always pick up my slack.

Ryan and I had our anniversary the next day. We didn't plan much and it was so wonderful. After a big trip to Hawaii (which is our anniversary/xmas presents/everything for the next year presents) we didn't need to do much. My BIL Tyler came over for the day and watched the kids while we went to San Diego for the day. We went to lunch together and then did a lot of window shopping. Mostly we just enjoyed being together with nothing else to distract us.

I am reminded how much this man fits me to a T. He understands the way I think and he loves me so fully. It is times like this when I hope that all women feel as blessed as I do!

No comments: