Monday, June 15, 2009

Jacob is 4 months wait 5 months

At 4 months he is growing so fast it makes me feel a little sad. Some how I wish he could just stay my baby forever. He know weighs 18.5 lbs and is 27 inches long. He is the size of an average 7 month old. He is going to be one tall kid.

He loves to put any and everything in his mouth. It's my favorite when he grabs his shirt and starts sucking away. His little chubby belly is then exposed and it is just so kissable. Just this last week he has started to stick his tongue out and blow. Kind of like a razz with his tongue out. It cracks us all up. The funniest to me is when he is done nursing and he does this to let me know. He is not tongue tied like a few of the other kids and he loves to show that off.

He has such a mellow disposition. He hardly ever cries. Even when he is hungry he doesn't cry much. Only when he gets super over tired.

He loves to suck his fingers and I am surprised at how entertaining it is to him. The down side is when he gets his fingers to far in and starts to gag but does not know how to pull his hands out. Silly boy. It never upsets him like I think I would.

Update:
I started this post a month ago and now he is 5 months. Boy time flies. Jacob weighs 20.5 lbs and is starting to thin a bit. Not much. He is just so long. This sweet little boy has a way of lighting up any room. He smiles with ease and often. He rarely cries and I feel so blessed to have him.
The last couple of weeks have been crazy for me. Things were so crazy one day I was feeling kinda stressed about all I had to do so I bundled him, gave him his binkie, and put him in bed. I thought this would give me a minute to calm myself and once he started to cry I would go get him. Normally I would rock him till he fell asleep. He never cried. He fell asleep on his own. I wonder why it took me so long to figure this out. Know I can lay him down when he is tired and he falls asleep on his own.

He loves the kids. Jacob shares a room with Jared and when he wakes up in the morning Jared has been taking him out of bed and laying Jacob next to him. Jared will read to him or play with him and I am not even aware that Jacob has awoken. They have a sweet little bond. I love my boys!

As easily as it is to get him to smile it is equally challenging to get him to laugh. He very rarely laughs at the same thing twice. I have tried. And he has yet laughed a big huge belly laugh. Sarah was that way. More reserved as a small baby. He does not roll over much. He can but I think he is just pretty content hanging out. I hold him to much and I am sure that does not help. We have hard flooring and I am hesitant to put him down on our one little spot of carpet for fear that Joshua will love him to death.

1 comment:

mary ann miller said...

Wow! 20.5 lbs? Madeline is 14 month and weighs 21.5 pounds.