Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wow what a week.

My wonderful nephew got his mission call after waiting what felt like forever and he is going to South Dakota. Brr right? I'm sure he will do great and I am very excited for him. On Tuesday he went to the temple for the first time and we were so blessed to be there. It had been a little while since the last time we were able to enjoy the blessings of peace that come from being in the house of the Lord. I am already looking forward to the time we can go again. We made a quick trip up to Vegas. Up one day and back the next.

It was so good to see my family and I wish I got to see them more often. When we got home it was bedtime for the kids. We said prayers together then Joshua ran off because he didn't want to go to bed. Little did I know he would really get his wish. He jumped off the girls bunk bed into the cubby part that is under the bed. I didn't see it happened but I heard him cry. Ryan was right there and quickly took him to the kitchen. I was nursing the baby and I really didn't think it was that big of a deal. He didn't seem to be crying more then usual. Then I saw the blood and asked Ryan if he needed stitches not really thinking it was going to come to that. But his quick reply assured me otherwise.

After trying 2 different urgent cares we ended up at a very busy hospital. (Wouldn't you think a children's urgent care would do stitches?) After waiting about 4 hours they put us on a bed in the hall. Josh had fallen asleep by this time. I laid their with him and listened to all of the people and goings on around me. One lady had a horrible reaction to a spider bite then was having a reaction to the anti-venom. There was a man having heart problems. A women had sliced her arm so bad she was sobbing on and off (she looked pretty bad) and I had cause to reflect upon the last time we were in the same hospital when Joshua poked a pencil in his eye. I felt so blessed. 6 stitches seemed like such a minor thing. I knew my Josh would bounce right back as though nothing had happened. In fact he had a hard time understanding why he could not play outside the very next day.

My life is so very good. I allow the stresses to get to me sometimes but I do try to see how much I have been given and oft times I have no idea why I have been blessed beyond that which I deserve. Like today for example. I was called to serve as the new laurel adviser (teaching the 16-18 year old girls in my church.) I LOVE working with the youth. The are so amazing to me. They have to stand much stronger then I did. They are hit on all sides and are expected to be of the world. Words are escaping me but what I am trying to say is that I feel honored to serve these wonderfully amazing girls.

My SIL Lindsay is getting married and I have had a lot of fun helping her plan. I decided that when I grow up it would be so fun to be a wedding planner. I do understand that my "when I grow up" list is rather large. I got to take their engagement pictures and that was fun. I got to try some new styles I have been wanting to play with and they were so good to do whatever I asked. Plus I get to make the wedding cake and I have helped with the invites. Lots of fun. I hope by the time my kids get married I will be a pro. With a family this large having wedding skills is rather helpful. That is why I want to learn so much more!

Yesterday was the annual Church women's broadcast. It was so much of what I needed. I came away with an amazing sense of peace and calm. I can overcome my personal imperfections. I can be more then I have been. What impressed me the most was the feeling that I need to treat those around me with greater charity and love. And that as I focus on loving more fully and finding fault less frequently I will be filled with happiness I have never known. What an amazing feeling of hope and excitement.

Here is to an exciting and adventuresome week that I am sure will not disappoint.

2 comments:

Ricki said...

I love that you are so positive! You "get" to help with the wedding,and "get" to make the wedding cake! Others might not see it the way you do, so I think you should be impressed with yourself for you positive outlook on experiences and the things you "get" to do!

I am sorry about your little guys stitches! I guess that is what those of us with lots of kids get to expect in life, huh?!!! :)

Karen said...

Beautiful post Susan. It was just what I needed this morning. There is so much to be greatfull for.

I am happy to hear your Joshua is going to be alright. The emergency room can be a frightening place.