Saturday, April 10, 2010

He makes me cry...

...and I mean that in the best possible way. Twice this week this mini man has brought me to tears. On Friday I was feeling very frustrated about my knee problems and my inability to run. When I left the house to run some errands he over heard me tell Ryan how sad it mad me feel. While I was out I happened to check my email on my phone and this is the message I got,
Dear Mother
Always remember who you are and what you can accomplish if you desire it. And, never give up, NEVER EVER GIVE UP. You can do any thing; so don't let others tell you what you can and can not do. And you are what you think you are. You make a day a good day or a bad day. Remember that.

Jared M. Chapman, future Eagle Scout.

It really helped me to turn my perspective around. Just because I can't run right now doesn't mean I will never be able to run. I'll update about the marathon in another post.

Then today while Ryan and I were looking at a possible house for rent Jared had the kids clean up the house. They even wiped down the counter tops and folded and put away the laundry I had out. I think I really like this phase he is in right now. The kids were all so proud of themselves. And they were surprised I had tears in my eyes. I guess they didn't realize how little it takes to make me really happy.

I decided to test run my brand new to me camera. Can I just say how much I love love love it? Um... a lot!!!

There is still so much I do not know about photography and I am finally starting to see that I need to take a class to learn what I want but for now I am having fun learning. It's easy when my "models" are so dang good looking!
I don't have photoshop on my new computer yet so these are all unedited.








3 comments:

Julie Winder said...

wow.wow.wow. these photos are incredible and so is Jared!

Anonymous said...

i am sooo lucky to have a talented and beautiful sister in law like you. i hope when i grow up i'm JUST LIKE YOU! love the photos. so excited for the new camera (for both of us) love you susie!

Ricki said...

What are you talking about you don't know how to use your camera?!!! You are doing great!! What a sweet boy! I hope you know that all those amazing things he said to you, are amazing things that you tell your children! You are both amazing and patient parents!