Sunday, December 12, 2010

Art Gallery Party

I had so much fun planning Emma's party. I think I like planning parties almost as much as my children like having them. All the ideas for this party came straight from onecharmingparty.com
She has a plan you just print out and go do. Much less stress and this party was very inexpensive. All the girls seemed to have a great time. I also realized how much more fun it is to have a party for older girls. They could do the crafts without help. I didn't worry about them painting the walls. The mostly just wanted to play with each other. They listened to what I was telling them. And they were all so grateful when everything was said and done.

I have uploaded so many pictures that I think I am going to leave them in the random order they came.

This is the table they first came to. They signed their names to the featured artist list and then drew a self portrait for Emma to keep to remember her friends by.

Before the guests arrived EmmaLee and her friend Jordyn decorated the table with sticker then during the party the girls made this paper chain.

While opening presents Emma was so excited she was being super silly and making the funniest faces.




The cake and I had a little of a love hate relationship. I first covered it in fondant and it looked so great. Then by the morning the fondant got a big air bubble in it I couldn't fix. Pulling off the fondant caused it to go crooked and I finally gave up and said good enough. Last minute I made some tie dye circles for the candles. The girls all thought it was great once I cut into it.

Here is one of the three art projects. They made birds out of feathers and air drying clay.
Snacks consisted of tye dye rolls, cheese, grapes, rainbow gold fishes, and rainbow cookies.
I made these simple "smocks" for each of the girls out of cheap mens t-shirts. I added the little yo-yo's and tied them with rainbow ribbon. One of the girls even slept in hers that night.

Their second art project was to paint a water color painting. I think they did a pretty good job.

Here they are as they came in.


Getting ready for the guests.


I have wanted a reason to make a lollipop tree ever since I first saw them. Super easy and so cute.

This is the bird craft table
Water color painting table.
the tye dye candle spots.
The girls were so much fun. I also realized that all 8-9 year old girls have messy hair and it is not just my daughter. I think they play to hard to have their hair stay pretty.

No comments: