Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday musings

Do you ever just get thinking? The kind of deep thinking that can't really be resolved?

I ran across this site yesterday and I have been thinking about it ever since. I relate to this family. They have 6 beautiful children that are all still young. I can not imagine what my life would be like if I had a trial like that? How do you do your mothering when you are sick and know that your life is going to be cut short? How do you decide where to put forth your effort when you have so little energy and life left to give?

It just makes me feel a little sad. I don't know how you would handle knowing you won't be there to raise your little people. I can imagine you would want your husband to remarry but you would worry if the new wife would love your husband they way he needs to be loved our love your children the way you would?

SO then I got to wondering, am I really living? And I think the answer at the moment is... not really. I want to live with more purpose.

This lead me to wonder what my dreams are? What am I working towards for the long haul?

Big dreams-
See all of my children in the temple!
Raise hard working loving children.
Save for and then buy our forever house.
Be the kind of mother my children can be proud of.
See the world with my husband.
Run a marathon.
Write a book to help women find happiness in the journey

Then I started to think a little more simply and wondered what small things do I want to do?

Little dreams-
Start swimming again
Keep my home looking nice with good food always available
Teach Joshua to read
Create/craft more with the kids
Plan my lessons for church before Saturday
Blog/journal more
Write stories from my life, from my parents lives, from my grandparents lives
Exercise greater discipline

Its just a start but at least it is a step in the right direction. Baby steps and are still steps forward.

1 comment:

April Perry said...

I think you're wonderful, Susan. And I can't wait to read your book.

Love,
April