Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The beginning of a new chapter


I know, I am so far behind with everything that has happened in the past month. I will try to update just a little and hopefully from now on I can stay more on top of things.

We are moved in, well mostly. I love the house Ryan picked out and the neighborhood is great. When the kids and I walked to the park on Monday I felt like we had come home. It was a very peaceful feeling and I was glad for it. They have the best park just up the street from us and the school is just around the corner. I am still not sure what I am going to do about school but I am not really ready to think about that yet. One thing at a time.
I have most of the necessary boxes unpacked and I still have a garage half full of stuff. I imagine I am going to be furnishing the local thrift store with the things we don't or won't use any more.

There are so many stores and restaurants. I have 4 grocery stores within 5 miles. And I found the best natures market I have ever seen. Complete with deli and bakery. This is very exciting to the vegan I have become.

People here are so friendly and it feels like a very family oriented place. Every one does look at me crazy because I have 5 children. I am getting used to that and I just shrug it off. I am still not sure why people feel it is there business to talk to me so bluntly about how many children I have. To each his own, right?

I will try to share some moments of the past several weeks.

Our new home
Jared takes another picture. What cute boys I have.
Can you tell by my eyes how sleep deprived I am?

See the beautiful sunlight shining on Joseph? Yeah, no blinds still and it
was 112 a few days ago.
I thought we left the heat behind in St. George?

Jared loves being a big brother.
He is so cute to watch when sleeping.


So, you may ask what this is? We chopped of all of Jareds hair. He has been asking to get it cut and I told him once we got to California. Well there it is. All of his hair. I think I prefer it longer but not as long as it had gotten.
And here he is, no hair.

She thinks she is big enough to rock him. It still makes me a little nervous.

I was unpacking all of the bathroom stuff the other day. There was a lot of stuff that just needed to be thrown out. I made a pile while I finished arranging the rest of the stuff. Then Joseph found me and played for about an hour with my trash pile. If only I new how easy it was to entertain.

Joseph loves Joshua to death! He hugs him every chance he gets. Joshua doesn't seem to mind to much. I guess it is good for Joshua to get used to being pinned by his big brother.


The kids and I stayed at my parents house on the way to our new home. We had such a nice visit and I felt so proud to have them as my mom and dad. Laura and her family visited with us while we were there and it was a nice break before we got here to the new home and where we have had a little dose of chaos every day.Sweet moments are forever cherished.

I want to bottle this moment in time.

Joseph was helping Grandpa prepare his talk for church.
"I think that part would go nicely at the end"


The kids with there cousin Zach. Emma really enjoys Playing with him.




On the 4th of July Ryan's brother Trent and his family came to help us pack. They were amazing. There is no way we would have been able to do it with out there help. Early in the day Ryan took the kids to the park with his brother Trent and there daughter Reeghan. They had the best time at the carnival. Then that evening we went to watch the city fireworks. We had let the kids go to bed and then woke them up when it was time to go. They were not so happy about being woken up but I think all things considered they had a good time. Joseph was not sure at first but by the end he was much more comfortable.


Ryan took some really good close ups of the kids. I was sad that I couldn't be with them to enjoy the fun of the day.

Riding the rides. Life is good. It was so hot that day. I bet it felt good to feel the breeze.


The kids enjoyed some mini popsicles. They are so small that the kids can't make to much of a mess before they are gone.
Watching the fireworks from outside the movie theater.



Our new park

Jared has discovered that he likes to take pictures. So here I am with Joshua. on our way to the park. The baby Bjorn is great. I was able to swing with the kids and push Joseph on the swing.

We all loved the swing.

Walking home was so fun. The kids walked in the water and enjoyed the warm summer morning.


Jared has become an expert monkey. He was proud of himself. It is so fun to watch them learn something new and then to see the satisfaction on there face to show it to you.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I am always lurking here on your blog and I was excited to hear that you had a successful move and seem to be settling in well. I can't believe that people make negative comments about you having 5 children. I think it is completely AWESOME and I am jealous! I only hope to one day be blessed with as many healthy children! Unfortunately I am not that great of a pregnant person, so I am not sure if my willpower will keep us going that long, my poor husband has to pick up so much of my slack while I am pregnant :( ANyway, I just wanted to say congratulations and Thanks for sharing all the great pictures of your beautiful kids!