Saturday, July 01, 2006

This weeks excitement

Joshua is growing like a weed. His little face is getting pudgy and his little skinning legs are filling out. We took him to the Dr.'s on Monday and he is now 8 lbs 3 ozs and 21 and 3/4 inches long. I am sure he weighs more now. The Dr. said he looks great except that he has a little bit of bacteria on his tongue, Otherwise known as Thrush. Is is so minor he told me to simply give him yogurt. It was hilarious to watch him eat it. Ryan put some into a medicine dropper and would give him little squirts at a time. Very funny!! He never even woke up. He would pull this face, gag, then yawn. It was comic relief for sure. His cord fell off this week. I love when that happens. A few days before it fell off it caught on his diaper and got all bloody. I hate worrying about that. The night it fell off he was real sad I couldn't figure out why. For a little guy who doesn't really cry it was a big deal. Other then hat I think he has his schedule down. He eats every three hours. Every once and awhile, at night, he will sleep for five hours. I celebrate those moments and enjoy having one long rest period.

We have one more week until our move. Kind of crazy. My great friend Demeree came over last night and helped us pack all our frames. Ryan is amazingly organized and has been packing away. Still there is a lot left to be done. My wonderful sister and brother in law, Sarah and Trent, are coming tomorrow to help us pack. Then on Saturday my awesome sister Laura and her family are coming to help Ryan pack the moving truck. I am going to stay with my mom from Saturday until Monday. Then Laura is going to drive with me down to California. I felt like the drive would be hard by myself with a newborn. What would I do if I had to go to the bathroom? Then the week after we move in Erynne, Ryan's super sister, is going to come stay with us and help us get settled. I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people around to help out. I think I could be really stressed out but I don't really see the need. I am so looked after. I just really feel My Father in Heavens love for me and my family. I have such a wonderful, beautiful family, both immediate and extended. I hope every mom feels as luck and blessed as I do.

That's my boy!


This boy sure is loved.


Yeah, I know I'm cute.

Yesterday when Demeree and her kids came over she brought a slip and slide for the kids. They had a blast. After everyone came in and got dried off Joseph snuck outside. The kids run in to tell me he took off his diaper. So I went outside to get him and he ran away laughing. He had us all rolling with laughter. That's my little nature boy.


I love when he stretches and arches his back.


No comments: