Monday, June 25, 2007

Joshua is 1!

I can't even believe that my little boy is one. This year has gone by so fast.



*Joshua now weighs 26lbs and is 31 inches long.
*He loves to sing. His most favorite song is Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. Ryan sings it to him before bed and Joshua will twinkle his fingers. Very precious.
*He answers you when you ask him questions. Most of the time his gabber really sounds like words. It makes us laugh. He does say "yeah, yeah" for yes and he has made up his own sign for drink. He screams for please...we are working on that one. On a side note... I was reading Josephs baby book and his first word was no. I think we have mellowed out with Joshua. Mostly we just laugh at the two little boys and their interactions. They will be playing together and Joshua will start to fuss. Joseph will say, "Ohh, here you go baby. Don't cry." He usually starts to clap or he hands him a toy. These boys are great!
*Joshua thinks he is big enough for a fork and spoon. He loves it when I give him yogurt with the spoon. He can't really use it but he tries then he ends up just sticking his hand in the cup and sucking his fingers clean. We love it!
*He is still not walking but has taken a few steps on his own. Usually when he is not paying attention. The other day when we were in the pool at my in-laws he was walking along the edge holding the side of the pool. He let go and took 3 steps. That is the most he had done before. And in the pool?
*We got his picture taken the other day. This was before I found out about the ear infection so he was not really up for it. But the pic turned out so cute.


*He is just now recovering from the worst ear infection any of my children have ever had. He was fussy but he was not bad. When I went to visit my sister you could tell something was wrong but I thought it was just being out of his routine. Well a few days later massive amount of puss came out of his ears. Turns out once the puss comes out it is a sign that things are improving.
*Joshua loves his food. He was so excited on his b-day to get cake. I started to bring him his little lego cake but then thought I should take his shirt off. As I started to walk away he screamed. The cake had a little donut on top and he loved it. The boy loves his breads. We took him to the store to pick out his presents. The kids would show him a toy and if it kept his interest for very long we put it in the cart to think about. Then the kids would show him two things and let him pick. It was kind of fun. Since we have had 5 children I now understand that toys are so fun the first few days and very rarely do you hit on something that they play with on a daily basis. Well this was one of those fortunate times. Joshua got an activity center, basically a little table with toys on top. He climbs over to it often just to check it out. Thanks mom and dad for the gift card that bought him that.


No comments: