Saturday, April 05, 2008

Yeah conference

I absolutely love conference and look forward to it. Even considering how hard it is to try to get kids to sit still or to stay quiet for 4 hours a day for 2 days. Ryan is still out of town so I got to try it on my own and I was some what apprehensive. Actually, the thought made me want to cry.
When the conference did start and we individually stood and sustained our dear new prophet such an amazing feeling came over me, I was literally brought to tears. The spirit moved me so strongly and with such conviction that this sweet man is truly the mouth piece for God. To think, I was a part of his sustaining.
I am anxious to hear what he has to say and to find out what his mission for us is. Each prophet seems to have a theme and I wonder how soon we will find out his.
I used to really stress out when my children were noisy and I would not get to hear everything. But last conference I finally learned that you can not take it all in. So I focused on one talk, the one that moved me and I felt was exactly what I needed. Now I recognize that once I hear that one talk, I can reread it over and over again. And at future date when I read through the conference talks I missed part of -because I was helping a child to quiet themselves- I will learn what I am supposed to at the time I am supposed to . This also helps me not feel overwhelmed by the magnitude of knowledge and goodness that we learn.
By the very end today I started to feel upset again with my kids when I realized that I could pause the conference, Yeah Internet, and watch it when they went to bed. It was very cute that Jared and Sarah were upset and made sure I promised them they could finish watching it later also. What sweet kids.
To help break up our day Jared had a baseball game. I feel a nasty head cold coming on so I was not really up for trying to keep the little ones out of trouble for 2 hours while I tried to watch Jared. So we dropped him of and hen ran a few errands. We then parked in the parking lot and watched the game from there while we ate lunch. This lasted until about 30minutes till the game was done. I thought we did rather well. While I was gone Jared got hit in the face with a ball and I think he will have a nice black eye tomorrow. I felt so bad. At his game on Tuesday he got hit in the shoulder and was pretty sore. I wonder if he will want to play again next year?
After our the second session of conference we drove by the house to see if our driveway is yet done. No, not yet. But the good news they have poured another chunk and have set up half the boards to pour the rest. Monday they will finish the prep and Tuesday they will pour. The have been in limp for almost two months being told every week that it will just be 1 more week at most. I am sick of fast food. I have not wanted to do big shopping just to move it all and I have most of my kitchen packed. I am so excited to be out of limbo and be ready to start fresh in our new house.


I have bought a few new things to decorate the house over the past few months. The three boys are all going to share the great room. Joseph sleeps on the floor instead of his toddler bed. I thought if I gave him and Joshua (when Josh is out of the crib) Emma's full size bed and bought her a twin size bed the boys would love it, and I would save money. I am also trying to convince my son to sleep in a bed. When we saw this bedding at target a month ago and he loved it so much I finally bought yesterday.


When I was buying it he was so excited about these lights I couldn't tell him no



And what cowboy room would be complete without these wall decals?



He is such my little cowboy it is fun that he was so thrilled about this. Yeah we are both happy. The funny thing is that Joshua s very big into his cows. He has slept with one for almost a year now. He has several different cows and he goes through phases with which one he wants to sleep with. Right now it is his cute brown one I got from France. I think I will find some cow fabric and make pillows and a valance. How fun!!!!



Jared will have the other half of the room and he wants a football room. I think I am going to make his blanket with matching colors and decorate his side with football stuff. My SIL is giving me a sports dresser that will match perfect.



I have all kinds of ideas for the girls room. I bought there blankets awhile back on clearance at target. Since they are so into flowers I am going to print of some of the pictures I took in France of flowers and make a collage on a big piece of canvas. I need to repaint there bed and I want to add some flower details. I guess it is good we have not been able to get pregnant, otherwise I would not have the energy to do any of this, let alone some of it.



Speaking of babies. My brother Chris and wife MaryAnn are about to adopt a sweet baby girl. They are unsure of her due date and the Dr's tell her she could have the baby between today and the 15th of may. What a crazy waiting game. I am so excited for them. They have been married about 9 years and for them to finally feel the joy of parenthood is so wonderful. I bought a few things for her already, They think they will name her Madeline and call her Maddie. I love it. We considered that name and I am hoping they stick with it.


Here she is as of last week.








The kids tried to convince me to go to the movies but I was not feeling that brave so we decided to buy a movie and have a movie night at home. By the time we got home it was kind of late for my kids. By 7:30 or so Joshua starts walking up the stairs saying "eep" I think he is saying sleep but that seems weird for him to want to go to bed so I dismiss it. Then he comes back with his blankie and again says "eep" Then he grabs my hand and takes me to his bed. That is one tired kid.


One last thing before I go, Emma sat in my lap today as we watched conference and I couldn't help but think what a sweet girl she is. She is so loving and so fun. Sometimes I get after her because she just loves life so much it can be hard to focus. I hope that I can be a better mommy for her. That I can let her true beautiful self shine and not quiet her anymore. I hope she knows how loved she really is.
Her she is looking up from the inside of a submarine.

We were at Reegans dance show yesterday and a lady commented on how pretty she is. Is it wrong to have pride in your children? Yet really I know she is so much more then her pretty face.

2 comments:

Julie Winder said...

Susan...I always know when I come to your site, I can count on being inspired..I love how freely you write about your kids, your testimony, and your life...Brent kept the kids this weekend and I was able to watch conference up North at my parents on Sat, Sunday. It was so nice and I too am glad we can watch and read it over and over so it sinks in...oh and I love your pictures and the style of your blog..

Michelle S. said...

I feel like I've been spiritually fed just reading your blog. I love your heart. I'm so glad I met you, and although we don't talk everyday, I feel like I will be connected to you forever. I miss you!