Thursday, February 05, 2009

I can't believe it has been three weeks

We are just starting to realize that night time is night time. I am one of those people who do not do so well on little sleep. I still take naps every day and I NEED at least 9 hours of sleep to feel rested. All of my babies to this point would wake up 2-3 times at night o nurse but they all went back to sleep so it was never a big deal even for me. I felt tired but I could mostly function. So when baby Jacob decides night time is the best time to be awake and have his fussy period I start to become zombie mom. He would wake up and nurse for half an hour, go back to sleep for half and hour then be awake and be mad. Not sure if he was mad because I wasn't fully waking up or because it stressed me that he was awake and he could feel that.

He did much better two nights ago after a very long day and I woke up feeling much better. Like myself again. I was joking with Ryan that he is just trying to ensure his place as the baby of the family.

Other then that he is the best baby. Super snuggley. He is so easy to put to sleep. I bundle him like a burrito, give him the binkie, and hold him close. Jared and Sarah have both been able to put him to sleep and they love it. He was fussing tonight and Sarah went up to check on him. When I walked in I saw her holding him close and rocking him. So cute. She loves helping with him. I still am nervous to let the kids walk around with him so I think they don't get to love him as much as they would like.

People ask who he looks like and I can see all the kids in him. Today I thought he looked like Sarah and yesterday it was Joshua.

Such a sweet little spirit and it is blessing to have him in our home.

This picture cracks me up.

"No more pictures please."
I love his little monkey feet and toes.

3 comments:

Karen said...

He really is a beautiful baby and sweet to the core. Thanks for sharing pictures with us.

Candy said...

How sweet! I liked it a lot when the older kids could help me out more - that is how I managed with lots of kids - He sure is growing fast!

Ora said...

Glad to hear that sleeping is getting easier. I am the same kind of mom, gotta get my sleep or I am a monster too. He is so cute, I can't decide who he looks like - just a Chapman! That is so fun that your older kids can help - and want to! Give them all a big hug from me.