Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The realities of a family of six.

I tried to take some family pics of the kids the other day. It was so funny. Try to get 6 kids to look at the camera while being happy. Jacob was pulling Jared's hair. Joseph was being a clown. Sarah and Emma were laughing. And Joshua just doesn't like to sit still. I am going to try to get professional pictures and that will be great to watch.
I weighed Jacob today cause I noticed his little cheeks were filling out. HE will be 6 weeks in two days and he weighs 13lbs. Small babies are just not my thing. I just looked back and saw that Joshua was 13 lbs at 6 weeks also. I thought Jacob was going to be my skinny boy. Maybe not after all. I love this little baby of mine.
I thought it would be a great idea to take all the kids to the store the other day. Oh great fun was that. I have made a commitment to not do that again any time soon. Ryan said he will go for me after the kids go to bed. I love this man!

Staying at home is great and it seems easier then it was when adjusting to 1, 2, or 3. I am starting to feel much more normal. I even went on a walk today. It was a mild walk but it is a beginning.

I have so much to update. Joseph's fifth birthday, our high school musical party, our new home, Ryan's new calling, Valentines day, and so many cute things my kids say. Maybe tonight after the kids go to bed.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful family!! I can hardly believe your little one has grown so much already.

Candy said...

I remember Autumn was about 2 years old before I took her out shopping with me. I always went in the evening or when David was home. It was funny to see her reaction to sitting in the cart and seeing everything that a store has to offer - I love this stage of family life - no teenage drama - sweet babies - curious toddlers and eager tweens!

Kara said...

My famous last words are I'll do it after the kids are in bed. :) Hang in there! Wishing you enough sleep.

Ora said...

He's getting SOO BIG! I miss you guys so much!