Thursday, February 05, 2009

Marguerite Anderson Miller

September 10, 1913 ~ January 25, 2009Obituary reads:

Marguerite was born on September 10, 1913 in Price, Utah to Albert Anderson and Hannah Anderson. She lived in Utah, Nevada, California, and Oregon. She married Harold William Miller on December 12, 1936. Their marriage was sealed (solemnized) in the Mesa Arizona Temple in 1940. She was a faithful member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, served in many callings, especially with the youth, and had an incredible faith and trust in our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

She was an awesome seamstress; she sewed dresses for her girls and suits for her boys. She loved making clothes. She worked at various jobs, but retired from ZCMI. She loved camping, making jewelry, her poodles, sewing, but most of all visiting and being with family and friends.

She was an incredible mother to Ronald (Maria Luisa), Arnold (Jo Ann), Michael (Sharon), Arlene Burg, Connie (John Woodruff). She is survived by her children, 23 grandchildren, 46 great-grandchildren, and 7 great-great-grandchildren and one sister, Fern. Preceded in death by her parents, husband, 5 brothers, 3 sisters, and one grandson.


My dear sweet 95 year old grandma passed away on Jan 25th. Some where in my brain I honestly thought she would always be around. So although I was not shocked by the phone call I was still deeply saddened. I was touched by her life.

As it turned out the funeral was Saturday and that happened to be the day we were moving. With just having Jacob I could not have driven the 10 hour drive so I went by myself on a plane. I was sad that my children could not make it as we never get to visit my family. Life... it just keeps going even when I would like it to stop for just a minute.

My dad was not able to leave his mission to come so he asked my sister to read his words for him. As she did so I realized that such a part of my is because of her. I loved being reminded of her love for creating, a love I deeply share. I had also forgotten how much my family loves to laugh and how they all seem to laugh so freely. This is something I have always loved about my dad and my aunts and uncles. I came home with the desire to live more fully and laugh more freely.

It really was a wonderful weekend spent remeber Grandma.

Just a few pictures that touched me.

Pall Bearers

Aunt Connie with her grandson. They are pointing to the casket

This moment touched me so dearly. This is my nephew Brady. He took of his white corsage and laid it on the casket. It was done with such lov and tenderness.

What a most beautiful casket my Uncle Mike picked out. It is so my Grandma.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Susan, what a beautiful tribute. I so miss her. She too, shaped so much of who I am. It was so good to see you for the short time we had. I had also forgotten how much the family loves to laugh. The thing I was most touched by though, we the intense feeling of love and acceptence I felt that day. It seemed that even though it had been years since many of us had seen each other, that there was no time lost. That the love and affection that we feel for each other only grew and we felt like a family. I hope that didn't come accross too cheesey. (It is so hard for me to find the words that are closest to my heart.)