Saturday, January 24, 2009

I few pictures to tide you over

I know I am his mother but he is seriously the cutest thing around.

After leaving the house at 10:30 and not getting home till around 6 the dr's were still unsure as to what is the matter with Jacob. After seeing my Dr who was perplexed, as well as the other dr in the office, we were set to a dermatologist. All the dr's in the office thought it strange and were unsure of what to do. After much discussion they decided to lance it and culture it. They also sent us to the lab for bloods work. Then they sent me home with antibiotics just in case. Another little blister popped up late last night then broke on it's own today. I called the on call dermatologist and he looked up Jacobs lab work and it appears that he has a staph infection. So the antibiotics really is all he will need and we should be better soon.

Here is a better picture of what it looked like. Now he looks sad cause he has two big bandages on his face.
His little cheeks are starting to fill out a little bit. You can see the little bump on his head here also. I love when he stretches like this.Jared is such a good big brother. So proud. He walked into the room today and said, "He is just so cute" Yeah we all think so. (and please excuse the messy bed, My energy is focused elsewhere)
Jacob finally got to get dressed in something other then jammies when we went to the Dr's for his first check up. He weighed 8 lbs which is good to only have lost three oz.
His first bath. He didn't get to upset till near the end. He is so long and skinny. I wonder how soon it will be til he fills out.
This is how Jacob is happy to spend most of his time. Bundled up sound asleep.

I do love this sweet little pea.

2 comments:

Candy said...

I am glad it was nothing serious - and he is just the cutest thing around! What a sweetheart - I cannot believe how big Toshia's Jonathan is already and don't worry about any messes - for heavens sake you are busy loving your kids:)

Ora said...

Sure glad that you were able to get the problem resolved quickly. Here's to healing quickly, for the both of you! :) He is such an adorable little man. I love newborns!