Sunday, January 11, 2009

Yes...


...I am still here and still pregnant. I was pleasantly surprised at church today when very few people asked the dreaded question. I did hurry to class as to avoid the hall room banter. I was laying down the other day trying to take a much needed nap when I could hear the kids playing. I just felt such excitement for Jacob to become part of our family and part of the play. The kids are all so anxious. Sarah and Jared heard Ryan and I talking about the full moon last night and tonight. I have always wondered what that has to do with women supposedly going into labor so I looked it up. What I found was that the pull of the moon has a similar affect to the water in our bodies as it does to the ocean. Thus cause women who are close to labor their water to brake. I was fascinated and looked up when the full moon was when Joshua was born and it was the night my water broke. Kinda funny. Back to the kids. They wanted to know what it meant to have your water brake and I explained it to them. They thought it was interesting to know the baby surrounded by a bag of water. Then Sarah, being my analytical thinker asked how I knew when my water broke. I didn't anticipate that question so I simply told her you get wet. She was confused I could tell. How much detail do you give children? I never know.

We were talking to Joshua about Baby Jacob today and Ryan asked him where Jacob came from and with a confident mile he said, "Santa Cause and princesses." Who knew? Wouldn't a visit from Santa be much easier then labor and pregnancy? Funny kid.

Emma was holding her baby nephew Easton the other day and on the way home she said, "I can't wit for Jacob to be born cause all I want is to hold my own baby." She is so loving I can just imagine the fights we are going to have oer who gets to hold him and how often. I am usually so protective of my babies. I want to hold them all the time and I worry when kids hold them. What if their arm slips and they drop them? I realized though that my older kids really are old enough to get to hold baby. What a strange thought. On that note Jared asked me the other day how old he will be when he is a freshmen and when I told him he said,"only 4 more year" Yeah that was a weird thought for me. It took me back to think I will have a high schooler? I remember high school all to well and that kinda scares me.

My thoughtful SIL Allie threw me a baby shower on Thursday. It was so much fun. Yes this is baby #6 and I don't "need" anything. But it was great to get together and celebrate baby Jacob and his soon to be arrival into our family. I did in fact get things I forgot I needed like a nose sucker, diapers, nursing cover, shampoos and lotions, baby mittens, bottles for when he is older, sippy cups and more. I guess after doing this so many times I don't worry so much about if I have what I need. I have not even packed my hospital bag cause I know the only thing I really need is the camera. Anything else Ryan can come back for. I also got so much fun clothes! I let Sarah and Emma come to the party and they got to open the presents for Jacob. They were a little faster then I would have been and sometimes I would have to tell them to slow down so I could see what it was before they moved on.

We are having way to much fun!
At one point Emma said with a very flat tone, "oh yeah more clothes." Not sure what she was hoping for?
A few people even thought to get presents for the children. I thought this was so awesome. They got two games and a puzzle. As soon as I got home I put them in the closet up high and when I am in the hospital or when I get home I will get them out for them so that they will have something new to entertain them while I am healing. I am going to do this from now on. Love it!

Allie played some very creative games. The first one you had to fill in the missing word in the nursery rhythm. I was surprised at how few I knew. Sarah got a ton right. She was almost the winner. The next game was a ton of fun and I was horrible at it. It was baby prices right. She had this huge basket full of baby supplies.

It is the basket on the right Whoever guessed the closest price with out going over got a point. I was so off on everything. I was really impressed with some of these girls. When the game was over Allie gave me all the stuff plus the cutest basket. Allie your the best to throw me this party. I really had a great time!
Here are all the wonderful people who came to give me and baby love and support. As well as some good laughs.
And seriously... Look at all this stuff people showered Jacob and I with. This will be one stylin little boy!

How adorable is this carseat cover my SIL Hope made. I knew she was making it and I was so excited to actually see it. I woke up in the morning feeling excited!

She also made a nursing cover. Here I am trying it out. I look so tired
this blanket (The picture does not do it justice. It has soft green material on the back and as binding and I am so excited to have him use it! She is still is also going to make him a hoodie towel, his blanket for his room, and the baby moses cover. Everything for baby has gotten much more stylish.

My next post will be all about the arrival of Baby Jacob. Wish me luck that all goes well! And any prayers you want to send my way would be appreciated as well! Labor dust to me!

2 comments:

Candy said...

I hate that I miss out on all the party stuff - but it looks like you all had a great time and everyone looks so good! I miss you all! Good luck and I am anxious to see that baby:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so excited that our sweet little nephew is finally here! We love you and wish we were there to meet him. He is so perfect! What a thrill it must be for the kids. I wish I could see their faces. Love you all and thinking about you. (I know this blog doesn't match my comments, but I'm excited) Hope to talk to you soon. I know things will be crazy busy, so we'll let things settle before we call. Love you guys!

Chris and Mary ann