Thursday, January 22, 2009

Life with baby Jacob

My sister went home today and I cried.  She has been helping out so much with my kids that  I have been able to rest and heal and just enjoy this sweet little baby.  I feel so appreciative of the wonderful people in my life who have been so helpful to my and my family.  It is like words just don't say thank you the way I feel it in my heart.  People have brought us dinner every night, my kids are being carpooled, helped with school work, and genuinely loved, my SIL's have helped by making things for the baby, helping pack and get organized, taking and picking up my sister to the airport, and just being a support while life is in a blissful state of change.  How do you adequately express thank you to some one who makes your heart full with gratitude?  If someone figures this out please pass the info along.  I feel like I have said thank you so much lately that I don't want the words to be lost on the hearer.  My heart is full with the love that surrounds me!

Jacob is such a sweet little baby and every day I see something in him that reminds me of a different child.  He is the perfect mix of everyone.  Joseph and Joshua love to come in and just "look" at him.  Holding him is fun but they seem more content to watch me change his diaper or to watch me hold him.    Since I have been hanging out in my room so much I really miss the daily interaction with the kids.  Even though I don't feel fully ready to be the mom of 6 I am ready to try.  I love them all so much and can't imagine who I would be if I didn't have them.  

I have been staring at this precious baby and wondering what it is he will teach me while in this life.  Each child has taught me more then I could have imagined.  With their own individual personalities comes different life lessons I wouldn't trade for anything.  
How to love more freely and fully 
That perfection doesn't come in an instance
To be patient even when you don't want to be
That when you make a mistake you say sorry and move forward
To forgive freely
To listen to what people say
To laugh, even and especially, at yourself
That you can accomplish more then you thought possible
That its OK to set aside the things you have to do and simple play

I could go on and on.  Heavenly Father must have seen that I am stubborn and had a lot to learn. He must have known that these beautiful children were the only way I would humble myself and be open to learn all that he has in store for me.  My life is good, rich, and so very full.

I feel like 2008 was a year of testing and trials and 2009 is my season to enjoy the harvest. This is a beautiful year brought on by the gift of meeting my son.  Jacob I love you dearly already.  I recognize your sweet spirit and feel like we have been reunited instead of meeting for the first time.

No comments: