Monday, March 02, 2009

Joseph is five

My Sweet not so little lovey boy is 5. What does that mean? A year full of learning, experimenting, and discovery. 4 was a good year for him. He has become much more independent while still keeping his affection. With the help of Josh he has discovered how to explore more thoroughly. He is sweet and tells me which girls he loves. With the help of Emma he has discovered Hannah Montana and HSM. He tried Karate and is so eager to learn to read. He was frustrated when after only one lesson he didn't have it mastered. Jared has given him a love of legos. He was thrilled when he got his own set for his birthday. And Sarah and Joseph have developed an unexpected bond. They seem to get each other even though their personalities seem so different. When Jacob was born Joseph was most tender with him and seems to already completely love the guy. He wants to kiss him or just be by him as much as possible. His favorite word right now is Kinda. "That's kinda awesome." Or "That's kinda cool"

What am I trying to say? I just can't imagine my life without him. Joseph I hope you always know what a wonderful boy you are and that you are so deeply loved by so many people!


My pictures are out of order and I am to tired to fix it. Sorry.

Joseph got skates, a bike, and a scooter for his birthday. So for the first week this is how he ate, slept, and played.
We threw him a low key family party (with extended family that was 20 kids) The girls decorated the backyard for his bug party. I love that they thought to make a five on the wall.
He some of the cousins are eating cake and edible bugs they made out of marshmallows, pretzels, and chocolate chips.

Cade playing stick the spot on the lady bug. They were oreos the kids had to lick to make stick.

The cake Joseph picked out and helped me decorate.
Grandma holding Cousin Easton. When I saw this picture I couldn't help but notice that some of my kids have her eyes.

Joseph is being wrapped up like a cocoon to emerge a butterfly. The kids liked this but it was kinda hard for the little ones to do.

We had a relay race were you had to carry the bug on the bug splatter without falling off.
Here he is on his actual birthday. He decorated his own cake.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Happy Birthday, Joseph!!

What a fun party.