Sunday, July 26, 2009

Life

Since my thoughts have been taking me in the direction of enjoying the moment I have become keenly aware that this is the time in my life I will always cherish. The time that I will forever be looking back to with fondness.

My children surround me on a daily basis. They sing to me, hug me, and kiss me. They love to tell me what is going on in their world and they usually want to be with me. Some time in the near future they will be embarrassed to hug me in public (Jared was crying the other day and when I went to put my arm around him he pushed me away), will hope that I don't ask what they did with their friends, and probably, more often then I would like, they will be angry at me when they think they know everything and realize I don't.

I feel sad for the inevitable future. But in this moment I feel so much joy for the love they give me so freely. How do I stop time for just one night. When I go to tuck them in at night after they have fallen asleep I just hope and pray that they can feel how much love I feel for them.

Fum kid stuff-
Joseph is so excited to be starting school. I don't think he realizes all that in entails but he is enjoying the preparations. He has his super cool backpack with marvel comic folders, Cool new Harry Potter shoes, and lots of new clothes he has already worn in. He is so shy around people he does not know I am a little worried about his first day at school. I hope his siblings take care of him.

The kids are all really big in to Harry Potter right now. After watching the latest movie Ryan bought the serious so we could get caught up. I only let the kids watch 1 and 2 cause I think they others are a little to scary. They put scarfs on and make robes out of blankets and they keep turning each other into things with their funny sounding spells. Joseph keeps turning himself into a dad because he believes when you are a dad you can then do whatever you want. Does he not realize his dad works like a mad man and doesn't get to "play" very often?

I have rekindled my love of reading. We have severally limited our tv watching so know I fill my extra time with reading. I just finished the 7th potter book and actually really enjoyed it. I don't know why I stop at 5 so many years ago. I also read the twilight series and The Host. Both were very interesting but not something I want my daughter reading yet. I try to keep her away from all romance stories. She is a very passionate person and i think it best to stay away from love stories till she is much older. I have started a few other stories like The Shack and one called Dear John.

Emma has finally "got" it in the reading department. It was about this age that Jared finally started to really get it and want to read books on his own. She likes to read to the little boys and I think it is so cute. Have a break from school had been so good for me. I have all kinds of new ideas for this new year and I am always hopeful I will do better then I have in the past.

Here is to a week of adventure and triumph!

2 comments:

Candy said...

We are Harry Potter fans as well and they have to read the books to get to go to the movie theater and see the movie. They have seen the DVD's - I also think the first two are ok for the little ones but I thought this one was alright as well. I loved the twilight books but could not get into the host - it was a littel weird for me. But all things need to be kept in perspective. They filmed the movie here in my town so that is why I read them. There were some though who were CRAZY over them and some who thought we as "mothers who know" should not have even opened the book at all. It ws quite a contriversy up here. Last thing, you are awesome to realize now to enjoy this time - and I can't imagine your kids never wanting a hug from you! But it does happen even to the sweetest of children - they grow up darn it! Love you!!!

Julie Winder said...

I love your writing! Anneka loves Harry Potter books as well! I am afraid she has read the "Twilight" Series. I will have to agree with you on the romance part. It is a bit over the young minds. I fell into it with Anneka before I knew what I was getting in to. Of course she loved them. Thanks for the reminder again to enjoy the moment:)