Sunday, August 30, 2009

Joseph enters kindergarten

Joseph started Kindergarten 2 weeks ago. He was so excited to get to do school like the other kids until time came to actually sit and do it. He is still trying to learn that he has to do work while Joshua has to play. With that said I am impressed with how fast he has learned his numbers and letters. He told me today that he read a word all by himself. He came up to me with a plastic spoon and showed me the letters. It had the letters 02m on it. He asked, "That kinda looks like it says awesome. Does that say awesome?" The 2 did look like an s.

Joseph only goes to school on Wednesdays and his first day was this week. I was so nervous for him a hardly slept the night before. He is so shy and sometimes he refuses to talk to adults. On the car ride to school he was kinda quiet and I wondered what he was thinking. But as we got out of the car the look on his face was like Christmas morning he was so thrilled. I showed him where to got and waited till it was time for him to follow his first teacher to class. As he walked away I called his name and waved. He smiled big, waved goodbye, then didn't look back. I cried a little then I was proud of him.

When he got home from school he told me all about it and he loved it! He even made a friend named Brandon who eat lunch with him. The next day he let me know that he does not like home school but likes going to school. I will see what I can do to make it more fun for him. Emma told me he even raised his hand and answered questions in class. My little sweetie is growing up.

His sweet serious face. He is thinker and very introspective.
And his smile always makes me smile.
Here he is in Zion going off the zip line. He was not afraid at all and wanted to go again.


The other day he brought these toys outside and started walking down the street. I asked where he was going and he informed me he was taking them to Sean's house so that he had something to play with.

Seriously, This kid is so good looking! How did I get blessed with such beautiful children?

No comments: