Sunday, May 14, 2006

Wonderfully loved!

Cute little Kids
I say "I know" a lot. I say it to let who ever I am talking to know that I hear them and understand what they are saying. Consequently, my children all say it. Regardless, it cracked us all up the other day when Joseph started to say "I know" over and over again.

"Why?" He says this when you tell him to do something. He doesn't really know what it means but he says it anyway and it cracks us up.

When you ask him something and the answer is yes he says, "ugh huh."

Jared had a Sunday school lesson a few weeks ago about the miracles of Jesus. The teacher showed a clip from a video and it showed Jesus healing the lepers. Shortly after it was over Jared asked his teacher, "How many leprechauns did he heal?" I love children's innocence.

Can I just say that I had the best mothers day possible. 6:30 Sunday morning my four children wake me up singing Happy Mothers day to the tune of happy birthday. Jared was carrying one of my pretty trays with breakfast on it. I was served cereal and juice in bed. I asked Ryan if he put them up to it and he swears he did not. It melted my heart that they thought of that all on their own. They also wrote on the card, Best Mom In The World! I think in the years to come I won't remember the presents they gave but I will remember their sweet acts of love. Ryan let me go back to sleep and we had a really lazy day. The kids gave me Clue, which was my favorite game when I was little. We played a few rounds and I realized that Ryan and I sure are competitive.

I had a great Birthday as well. The kids celebrated with me the weekend before. We had a great day just being together and hanging out. They took me out to dinner and gave me very cute gifts. Ryan let the kids pick out gifts for me and it was very cute. Both Jared and Emma bought me necklaces from Target and Sarah knew that I had to have flowers. Ryan got me a camera and I love it. I have already put it to good use. It has more pixels then the one we had and when I blew up a picture to an 8x10 it looked great.

The reason we celebrated early was because my Mom, Sister, and I went to women's Conference up at BYU. I had the best experience and I just felt like I could handle some of the hard things I have been dealing with. It gave me hope for change. Sometimes I think we get in a rut and feel stuck. We can give up and just think that things will always be a certain way. Then we are given a glimpse of what the atonement really is all about. We start to understand more fully that the Savior didn't just suffer for our sins but he suffered so that we don't have to. We can give those hardships and trials and seek after that change of heart. Through him we can be made whole. We can be just a little closer to the person he wants us to be. Long story short. I am truly grateful for the peace I found from the wonderful speakers.

Last night I received the most wonderful gift. Ryan is doing trade for a friend of ours who does massages. She came over and massaged Ryan and then me. My body has been so tight from the pregnancy. From the second I layed down to when I got up I was so relaxed. She had these pillows that made it so I could lay on my stomach and it felt so good. She has these amazing hands and I just felt like butter in her hands. Every women deserves this.

No comments: