Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Friends, Family, and good times.

Over the holiday we went to my sisters house so Ryan could help them put in a new back door. Laura called last week and talked to Sarah and told her that she wanted to take her shopping since she didn't have any girls of her own, she has 5 boys. When Emma got home Sarah was so excited to tell Emma that Aunt Laura was going to take them shopping. So on Monday my Mom, Sister, Emma, Sarah and Joseph went to Kohls. Can I first just tell you how much I love that store. The non clearance price of things is out of control but when they want to get rid of stuff they almost give it away. They had clearanced there already sale price by 75%. The 4 of us were grabbing things like crazy for the girls to try on. Once we got in the dressing room it was so much fun. The girls would try stuff on then model and ask us how cute they looked. I have to say that it was so much fun having my mom and sister to ohh and awe with. I can just picture ten years down the road... Will they still love it?I think it was Saturday that Ryan let me sleep in. I woke up to hearing the kids in the courtyard laughing and having the best time. I could not figure out what in the world they could be doing. When I went out there I discovered we had crickets and Joseph is not the least bit afraid of them. He was so excited and it made the other kids just laugh with delight that Joseph was so happy about his new little friends. Ryan took some really good pictures.



He even let Jared put one on his head.
This was at Sarah her kindergarten graduation with Mrs. Herder.
They had the cutest little production with a bunch of songs. I wish I had gotten closer so I could have taken a good picture. Sarah is on the top back right, second to the last.
She was making the cutest face here.

Last Sunday Joseph didn't take his nap before church so when we got home he was so tired. He never just falls asleep so it was a big deal to us to see him falling asleep on the couch.But we thought he should eat dinner before we put him to bed. I guess we were wrong.



EmmaLee said the cutest prayer tonight.

"Father, I miss you and I wish I could be with you in heaven. I wish we could be best friends. I try to be good and in church I am good. I try to do what is right and do what I'm told." There was more and the whole thing was so tender. I told her before she said her prayers to simply talk to Heavenly Father and tell him what she was thinking and this is what came out. What a precious little child she is.

Sarah started piano a few months ago. Lately she has started to play songs that she knows. She goes to the piano and plunks away for about ten minutes. Then she has it figured out. The other day it was the theme to Star Wars. Today she was playing a song from church. She says she just hears it in her head and then she can play it. Her favorite ones have been the Little Einstein songs. I am so impressed with her desire to play.

The kids all started swim lessons today. The had put Sarah in Level 2 on accident, she should be in level three. The don't have a level three at the same time so they put her in level four and she was keeping up so well. You would never have known. I am hoping she will gain the confidence she was lacking.

Emma, being the happy little girl she is just really had a good time. I think she would enjoy anything life put in front of her. I want to be more like her.

Jared was not super thrilled to have Sarah in his class. He didn't get mad but you could tell he was not excited. He also did well and was loving that they taught him how to swim on his back. He is so much better then last year and it is so nice to take him swimming and not have to worry about him.

I get to do another cake tonight. My friend Demeree's little boy is turning 6 and having a GI Joe party. We found the coolest toys to go on top. I am going to spray paint the top orange and green camoflauge then simply set up the guys. Super easy and sure to please.

Speaking of Demeree, every once in awhile you meet someone who gets you and you get them. You understand the way they think because you think similar. It's like a breath of fresh air to talk with them because you know they will understand. You don't feel judged and you don't worry what might come out of your mouth because you feel like they won't care if you do say something dumb. Sometimes we make friends with people out of circumstance. You probably wouldn't be friends with them if situations were different but your kids play together or you work closely with them or they are friends with the same people you are Etc. You talk about surface things and never really open up to them, no matter how many times you may get together. You invite them over and you enjoy there company but really, if you moved away, you would never call them again.
Then there are friends that you do talk with and open up to some but for one reason or another you are not really happy with the friendship. Either all they want to talk about is themselves or they dwell so much on the negative that you feel heavy after every conversation. Where am I going with this? I'm not sure. Just something that I have been thinking about.

So back to Demeree. Since the day I meet her I felt like I would just really get along with her but for one reason after another we never really got a chance to talk. Then our kids started a singing group about the same time and we got that chance. She is the one who does wonderful massages. When she first came over and we got to talk I realized why it was I felt like we needed to be friends. I feel like I can be totally honest with her. But it is more then that. She helps me to see the kind of person I want to be. She helps me to see the good in my life and I have felt happier with that outlook. So, here is what all this is leading to. After having a girl friend like this, after many years of not (Family excluded here) it makes my other friendships feel soooo? I don't really know what the right word is... Maybe pointless. That isn't totally right because I do have fun with them it is just so... Different. Then I came to the conclusion after talking tonight with the kids about there friends and after talking with Ryan. Some people in this life are good to associate with but not surround yourselves with. Others are simply fun friends. The kind you play games with and go to the pool with your families. Others bare their soul to you seeking your advice but feel one sided. Then there are the few gems. The ones who you talk with, play with, know that you both are being feed and edified. Those are the ones you hold on to. The ones you hope to be old ladies together. I guess they are like sisters. You love your sister no matter what they do or say. You play with them, you tell them everything and you know they love you unconditionally. I hope all women get to have precious gems touch their lives.

Wow talk about long random thoughts!

No comments: