Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My little Happy Cheeks.


Sarah absolutely loves her new school and has made a friendship club with a make believe club house and all.
I was so relieved when Jared discovered their was no tooth fairy but now I regret that and now I see why my friend Shannon loves the idea of the tooth fairy. Jared keeps trying to tell the girls about the lack of tooth fairy. So Sarah asked me if she is real and I told her that she was. We talked about fairies and how when someone says they don't believe, a fairy might die. It was so fun to play along and I enjoyed the make believe. I will figure this parenting thing out sooner or later, right?
Jared lost another tooth and his mouth is looking pretty empty. His smile looks a little mischievous, in a cute way.

We attended Orchids, Tory's girlfriends baptism on Sunday. It was a very special experience for me. I have not gotten to know her much yet due to the fact that she is so shy. I am sure the language barrier makes it hard as well. At the baptism the people in her Branch talked about her and it was neat to get a closer look into who she is. After the baptism I gave her a hug and just really felt a special spirit from her. I am looking forward to knowing her better.

Jared's baptism is going to be on the 2nd of September and I am so excited for him. What a big step in his life to covenant with the Lord. He has asked me to speak and I am slightly apprehensive. I have not given a talk in so long. I am sure it will be fine though. I just need to prepare in advance so that I don't stress out.

Joshua is getting to be so fun. He gives such big smiles and even cooes at you. He gave Ryan what sounded like a laugh. It was so endearing. He is so chubby looking and I love it.

Emma and I were loving the baby the other day and I called him Fat Cheeks. Emma got mad at me and said, "No Mom, they are Happy cheeks." I have to agree .


When I was looking at the pictures the other day I realized their are no good pictures of Sarah and the baby so I took this one.

What a handsome man I married. I am so blessed to have him work at home so that we get to see him so much.
Since school is so close we get to walk Sarah there. Joseph was in the stroller in the beginning of the walk. We stopped when we were close to home so that Emma could get something out of her shoe. Joseph climbed right out of the buckle and started to push. So Emma got in. It was so cute because he really was not tall enough. He also put on Emma's shoes since he was barefoot. Then he realized that he fit just right in the basket underneath.

I love that he is so smiley.
Sarah and I were snapping the camera away as he was so delighted in us. Look how cute he is. Yep, Happy Cheeks is a much better term.




This picture is great. Joseph saw Joshua doing this in the car the other day and he thought it was so funny. He made the face to show me what Joshua was doing. He just kept laughing and saying, "Ook it mommy, ook it." Ook= look. He sure loves this little guy. One final note, Jared had his first scouts activity this week. They went on a bike ride. When he was gone the phone rang and I felt, "Oh no, Jared's hurt." The call was about something else but shortly afterwards the phone rang again and it was the scout leader. He had fallen off the bike and banged up pretty good. The handlebar went into his chest and left a nice circle bruise. He was all bloody on his shoulder and his side. He thinks it is cool now that he has scabs. When it happened he said he didn't ever want to ride a bike again. I want to get him out their soon so that the fear doesn't grow to big. It is amazing to me how connected we truly are to our children.

No comments: