Sunday, December 31, 2006

May our joy be full!

What an amazing year!. After studying the law of attraction over the past few months I have become much more aware of my inner dialogue. I am constantly improving my positive self talk and I am excited to see what it will become by the end of the year 2007. Life seems to be handing me joy the more I see joy. The way I see life truly does have an affect on what I receive. I see good... I have more good. I see sadness... I have more sadness.

We have had an armful of what could be called challenges. Moving out of state with a four week old, trying to get a new business off the ground, trying to build a house that doesn't seem to want to be built, Ryan being called to serve as young men's president in our church, being asked to do what I once thought was the unbearably hard calling of music teacher in primary.

But on the contrary what a basketful of blessings. I was reading Leslie Householder's blog when I came across her November 29th post titled my favorite rejection. I had an amazing realization. We have been in need of a large sum of money to really start our house. Ryan and I have been assuming someone would loan it to us. The control was out of our hands, Right? As we were driving yesterday Ryan asked a new question, "How could we come up with the money ourselves?" Then an amazing money making idea came. It was like the flood gates opened and we couldn't stop it even if we tried. Idea after improving idea came. As I read Leslie's post I realized what a blessing it has been that we didn't have the money, otherwise we would not have had the necessity of coming up with a new idea.

Last Sunday I was to sing a wonderful song in church about the birth of the Savior. Well the whole week before I lost my voice and had a challenge even talking. My six year old daughter Sarah loves to sing as well. So when I tried to practice she would sing along. She had learned the song better then me. She decided to sing it for our extended family the night before I was to sing in church and what a wonderful job she did. Because of my lack of voice I had the thought come to me to let her sing with me. What a most wonderful blessing it was to sing this duet with my little girl. I have always had a dream of singing with my children. This dream was realized because I got sick. As we sat down the tears started flow from her eyes. She shared with me how grateful she was to sing testimony of Jesus on Christmas Eve. We truly can see what we think are misfortunes as the beginnings of tremendous blessings.

I also need to mention that being allowed to lead the little children in song has become a cherished event. I look forward to helping these little ones learn that they too can bare testimony to their God through song.

No comments: