Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Green with envy in Las Vegas!

What a wonderful weekend. We went to my parents for their unofficial farewell.
My mom is so much fun. She threw us a green party for St Patrick's day. All of the food she made was green, including mac and cheese. We had some yummy salads and my favorite was her split pea soup. I didn't even know I liked that.
She let the kids help her make green cupcakes. They loved it. She is so good to let them help!


My mom had this fun and very silly game we played. She had green dice. One said what to do and the other how to do it. For example, Laura's said drink playfully and Ryan's said to sing loudly.

I think my parents are so cute! And lovable too!

One of the prizes in the game was pop rocks. Joseph was so excited. He put his in water to see what it would do. "CANDY!"
It seems so funny to me that the older I get the more my sister and I look a like. She is so great. I love having a big sister to be able to talk to and relate with. We went to see a women speak Saturday morning . She is from Africa and she talked about some of the most heart wrenching things they do over their. I guess I have just been really naive. She was such a beautiful person. She has overcome so much and she has been able to do it because of her relationship with our Father in Heaven. She taught me to be grateful for the many blessings in my life. I also left wanting to do and be more.

After that we went shopping and to lunch. What a great way to spend time with my sister, mom and cousin Jean.

And here is the whole family that was their. We missed our brothers and SIL Maryann.
How cute is this. All the grand kids with grandma and grandpa.

What I want to do is get a picture of the grand kids when my parents get back on this same bench. Brady will be on his mission but everyone else will be their. I hopefully will have had my last child and maybe Chris and Maryann will have a little one to add.

We had a most wonderful time at my parents this weekend. They don't report to the MTC until the beginning of April. We had a really good visit. I truly am grateful to my parents and all that they have taught to me by example as well as their words. What a wonderful setting apart they received. So many blessings and promises. It even included us and that our business would prosper.

Yesterday Joshua gave Joseph a big kiss on the face and Joseph said, "He suc-a-non my face!" That is his way of saying sucking on. We all cracked up! He said it with pure joy in his face.

(Warning this paragraph is all about potty training so you may want to skip to the next one)
Since we got home from my parents house he refuses to wear under wear. When he first wakes up from his nap I take his diaper off and he screams. When he first wakes up I put him in under wear and he screams. The funny thing is that he stays dry all day long. He just likes the idea of a diaper I guess. Yesterday he told me he had to go #2 so I tried all the bribing I could think of to get him to do it on the potty. After fighting with him I simply gave in and put a diaper on him. I am sure we will get this figured out eventually. He still won't use anything but his little potty. I bought him a seat to sit on and he is scared of it, again with the screaming.