Monday, March 05, 2007

Sea world

We went to sea world today. As we watched the Shamu show Emma got really excited. With her eyes as wide as could be she said to me, "That is what I am going to do when I grow up!" I have never seen her so excited about her future. I love children's enthusiasm for life. They have no inhibition and they don't put limits on what they can accomplish. I was very touched by her.

Other cute things, Joseph called the Whales, "Weels" And Joseph had no interest in touching any of the animals not even the star fish. He was convinced the dolphins wanted to eat him. Then at lunch a seagull parked next to us and he was upset about that. I said that the bird wanted to eat his food and he thought I said the bird wanted to eat him. Shortly after this conversation a daring bird came by to eat the food at our feet and Joseph screamed hysterics. Funny but sad.

Jared and Sarah loved everything and wanted to see it all. The rest of us burned out before they did. They loved touching anything they could and Jared was very hard to get away from the sting rays.
Are we not supposed to let our children climb on that?

Here Emma is looking at the Whale rider. I wish I could have captured the wonder in her face.




Trying to get everyone to look at the camera is harder then one might think.

Feeling the star fish. Joseph didn't even want to touch those.

The older kids wanted to sit in the soak zone. They really did get soaked.
As Emma said, "This was the best day ever!"

No comments: