Friday, May 11, 2007

Sarah is doing great.

Cute kidisims

Jared and Sarah were talking in the car.

Jared "Did mom do your hair?
Sarah "No Erynne did. I look pretty."
Jared "Who cares about looking pretty?"
Sarah "You only care about beastly things."
Jared "No, but why does it matter what I look like."
Sarah "You want to look nice so you can get a girlfriend."
They both laughed.
Jared "Yeah right"

It was such a funny conversation. They were not being mean to each other. Their tones were actually very nice it just cracked me up to listen to. Already at this age Sarah cares what she looks like and Jared just doesn't see the point.

Sarah had her Surgery yesterday. I do not know the technical term of it even thought they told me a few times. She had the line under her tongue clipped. She had to have five stitches. I was surprised how much they cut. She was super brave and didn't even cry. They said the hardest part for kids is the numbing and she did not even act bothered. She started to cry a little on the way home because the medicine was almost gone and she could feel again. Once we got home she rested while watching a movie and waited for me to get the medicine . She didn't cry at all after that. She was scared to eat dinner and only had a shake for breakfast. She has soccer to day and I am curious how she will do considering she has eaten so little. The only thing is so fascinating to me. I keep wanting her to show me under her tongue. I asked her today is she do taco tongue. Her taco tongue before looked like a spare tire. She was afraid to try. Once she is better I will have to take a picture. She should be all better by the end of the weekend.

Which brings me to my next topic. We are having a girls night tonight. Ryan, Jared, and Joseph are going on the fathers-and-sons camp out tonight. Joseph got himself all ready this morning, he was so excited. I don't think they have decided if they are going to be sleeping in tents or in the car on a blow up mattress. Jared is plugging for the tent. I have not decided what the girls and I are going to do but I really want to make a big deal out of the time we spend together. Maybe we will scrap some of their baby pics, or go shopping, or paint are nails. I will up date on that when I can.

I got a birthday package from my parents all the way from France. I was like a little kid when it came in the mail. My mom sent me cute dish towels with French sayings on them. Mom's are great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O dear. I just read the top again ... FIVE children? Do you ever get a moment to yourself??

Anonymous said...

So many of you American gals are into that scrapbooking as well aren't you??!