Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Simple pleasures

I have been meaning to blog about the simple pleasures in life. When My Best friend Demeree was a teenager she went to a 6 week program out in the desert. No showers, no bed, no stove or microwave. She had to make all her own food and start her own fires. One little tin cup and not much else. Here I am in my air conditioned home, eating fajitas I made in about ten minutes. After I am done I will load my dishwasher and head up stairs to switch the laundry. Then I might read a book on my nice comfy bed and if I get to it I will phone Demeree and tell her how great I think she is.
With all that said I have decided to make a real effort to be grateful for the simple things in life. The things we just get used to and forget how blessed we are.
1. My first simple pleasure, projects. I have started another project and I will take a picture when I am done. A new system for helping the kids stay on task with their jobs without me having to nag. Good luck to me.
2. An organized pantry. Love insta labels.
3. Laundry all done and put away. Yet another new system I have started and it seems to be working great. I have a cabinet just outside the laundry room where I have put a hamper for each child. The clothes come straight from the dry to the baskets. The kids have to put away their clothes before dinner. Yes! It works great!
4. My new cowboy hat. I have wanted a cowboy hat since my freshman year in high school but I have never had the nerve to buy/wear one. When I went shopping with my family the other night I tried one on and, Thank you girls, I got it. And I love it!
5. "Nap time and bedtime and bedtime and nap time. And did I mention I like when the kids sleep. These are a few of my favorite things!" At Time Out For Women one of the singers made up these lyrics and it really cracked me up because some days just really feel like that.
6. Reading to my kids. We are reading Anne Of Green Gables and I just love discussing with them.
7. My family! Both extended and immediate. I love being knit together with so many wonderful people. Like my sister who I have looked ever since I was little and all my sister-in-laws who feel like sisters. They are each beautiful and I love to talk with them. And their husband who love them and help them raise their children. And of course both sets of parents. I look up to them both and I am a better person because of them. and everyone(does that cover it?)

Speaking of simple pleasures... We got to spend the holiday at and with my in laws. We swam and had a BBQ. And then ...what holiday would be complete if we didn't go shopping?

Simple pleasure 8- my new camera. How cool is this picture?
9- watching the kids have a blast with bubbles. Do you remember when that was all it took to be happy?


This is my new nephew Luke. I loved watching him enjoy the bubbles. How great it is to watch the kids take him into the family and embrace him as if he had always been here. Kobe and Cade were loving coming up with creative ways to pop the bubbles. So fun are cousins.
Cade, You are one cool dude.
And here we have officially initiated the first burn of the season.
The first is always the worst right?
Look at you go Sarah. She is trying so hard to figure out how to swim with out
plugging her nose.
What a little cutie. Amy was awesome with her and got her to swim short distances. By the end of the summer she will be a pro!
For all the years I was on swim team I could never float on my back so.. Yeah I am proud of that boy!
This was the first time Joshua had ever gone swimming and he loved it.
No fussing just big smiles.
Simple pleasure 10- Super hottie husband!
And 11- Shopping with the girls. Here is mom with her stash.
Amy and Sarah with theirs and Cade ready to try on his clothes.
Sarah found a $40 gift card.
Allie showing off her great deals.
And last of all
12- Joseph went poop in the potty!!!! This is a happy day!

No comments: