Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I have been tagged.

This tagging is different then in the past. 7 random things about me. I had to really think about this. It was good for me to think of the things I love and aspire to.


1. When I love someone I love them completely. I would do anything I could to help them. The down side to this? I am slightly afraid of being let down so I have been more reserved when it comes to making close friends. I hold back when I first make a friend, waiting to see if they are going to love me fully also. But once they do they have a friend for life!

2. I consider myself a very nostalgic person. I look back on the past with great fondness. I remember old friendships with deep feeling and I love to look at pictures of my past. Today I was changing pictures from an old photo book into a new one. They were pictures of our first year of marriage. Jared was a baby. When he came home from scouts I hugged him and just felt close to him. I feel as though remembering the good times helps me to get through the hard ones. I savor those moments.

3. Some day I will write a book. I already have the title, and basic plot written. The fictional story is meant to give women hope and joy in their calling as wives, mothers, sisters, daughters, and friends. I do acknowledge that I am not the best writer and I don't expect it to be published in stores. But I feel compelled to write it and I will chip away at it until it is done.

4.I have a need to help people. I want to ease their burdens and sometimes I give advice when it is not asked for or needed. I don't know if this is a blessing or a trial. At times it has been both. When I am successful in helping to lift another's burdens I feel like I am on cloud nine. And I feel so helpless when I can't help.

5. I love to sing in my house, the shower, the car, and even in the store. I used to get embarrassed when my Dad would do this (sing in the store). Now I do it all the time. Music soothes me and energizes me. It helps to change my mode quicker then anything else. I love that my children love to sing and that they usually join in. (I know it is only a few short years before this will too embarrass them.)

6.This goes along with number 5...I want to compose my own music. I am taking piano lessons, less then a year, and I hope that once I am good enough composing will come naturally to me. I believe we all have a song in us and I am anxious to hear what mine sounds like. The music I hear in my soul is strong and soft and moves people to tears because they will feel the love of our Savior. Is that to much to ask? I do dream big, greatness is just around the corner.

7. Moving right along... I feel that my children are destined for huge things in this world.
Whether that means they will raise amazing children or they will be governor it doesn't really matter. I just see so much goodness in them, each in their own way. With each child they bring a new identity all their own. I look forward to the day when my youngest has a couple of children and I can see the person each one has grown to be.


Their it is 7 random things you might not have known about me.

Now I tag Megan, Shannon, Sarah, Amy ( I know you read this and you need to get back to blogging) Kelly, (same for you) Hope (this could be your 2nd blog entry), and Michelle.

2 comments:

Ricki said...

You are so inspiring! I think I write that every time I comment on one of your posts, but you are an amazingly inspiring person!

Julie Winder said...

You are a very good writer. That was very inspiring!