Monday, May 12, 2008

And my new growing opportunity/calling is....

Drum roll please.... (Here you go Ricki, Sorry to leave you in such suspense)

I am the new young women's president in my ward. The girls are amazing. They genuinely love each other. No tension, no catty behavior. They are up lifting and loving. They always tell me something they love about me and thank me for my lessons. I could not ask for better girls. That is the wonderful part. I am going to have so much fun with them.

The overwhelming part? I can no longer go along for the ride. I am in charge. The responsibility now lays on my head. I don't just attend meetings, I am in charge of them. I want so much to do right by these girls. To help them in this sometimes hard time in their life. I remember how hard my Jr and Sr years were. I felt so lost. I hope these girls can feel my love for them no matter what dumb choices they may make. I want them to feel of my love for them and in turn be able to feel of the Saviors love for them. I have such high expectations for myself.

I do have amazing councilors. I feel like I have the very best that is to be had. And I am anxious to met with them and get to know them. Before they had been called I had not had a conversation with any of them. But I just feel like we are going to have so much fun.

I was blessed to go to Time out For Women on Saturday with my family. I think I cried the whole day. I felt so feed and edified. It was as if angels were sitting next to me whispering to me what I specifically needed to hear. I felt the love of my Savior in overwhelming abundance. That sometimes we need to be broken down so that we can be rebuilt in to something much more. When we would settle for a simple cottage the Lord is making us into a grand and glorious mansion. Sometimes the stretching and pulling hurts and it feels like more then we can bare but when we have overcome the challenge or hardship we see all that we become not in spite of but because of it. I wish I could put into words all that I felt that day. To sum it up? I felt like I could handle any and all that the Lords puts in my path as long as I strive to remember Him. To recognize that His will is above mine and that is were I will find true happiness.

Mothers Day for me this year was better then I can ever remember any mother's day being. The kids all made me cards. Joseph made a computer out of paper just like the girls did. So cute. But when he was showing Ryan he got upset because his "rat"had fallen off. I thought it was funny that ha called the mouse that. He had the right principle. The kids brought me breakfast in bed then sat with me and helped me eat it. We made cookies for the old YW leaders and cake for Grandma. It was just relaxing. I think what made it so great was that I felt so much love for being able to be their mom. Just that God would trust these sweet people in my care. I had a good discussion with the kids about their names and who they were named after. I felt prompted to have this discussion while at Time out for women. I named them after mighty people that they could see how great they could become. As I explained to each child why I picked the name I did for them and the attributes that person had I realized that my children have the same qualities I admire in there name sakes.

Jared Moroni is a good leader and stands up for what is right like Captain Moroni.
Sarah May is strong and immovable.
Emma Rebecca is loving and concerned for others.
Joseph Mosiah is tender hearted and fun loving, yet resolute.
And Joshua Enoch is strong, determined, and yet joyful.

What more could a mother want in her children. I am so grateful for them!

3 comments:

Ricki said...

Thanks for ending my suspense!! You will be an AMAZING Young Women's President! It will be really fun to be able to guide and direct and age of kids that you are not personally involved with in your own home yet! A calling in Young Women's, is a calling that I have yet to experiece, but I hope some day I will! You will teach them great things because you are a spirital giant!

Julie Winder said...

You will be an awesome YW President, in fact, that was my guess:) Being in the YW's Presidency was my favorite calling ever....but, now that I have a teen daughter myself...j/k. They will love you. You know how to have fun and feel the spirit at the same time...

Candy said...

You will do an amazing job with your new calling! I love working with the youth. I esecially love your description of your children - you are an amazing mother!!!!!