Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The long awaited day has finally come

Since I had Joseph I have been looking forward to the day when I could tell people I was in my 30's. Maybe it is because I was married so young and my family grew rather quickly that growing older has never bother. Almost every time I go out with the kids someone says something about me having a lot of children. It used to bug me but know I just smile and tell them how great it is and usually they get uncomfortable and I have learned to enjoy that. I love my life. I love my children. I made this choice and I never regret it, never. I know it is not for everyone but I have been so blessed to learn from these wonderful little people.

Ryan took me and the kids out to dinner on Monday for my birthday. When they came to sing to me Ryan was in the bathroom with Joseph so they waited and talked with me. Our waitress told the others that I was the mom of all these kids and the one was in shock. "I thought you were our age, like 23. You don't look your age, wait I don't know your age." Then I got to say it, "I'm in my 30's" They were all in shock and it made my day. Yeah, it's all about the simple pleasures in life.

No comments: