Monday, May 26, 2008

A day to remember

We went to the cemetery today. It was a reverent moment for me. This day can be so awesome if we allow ourselves the time to ponder on the amazing soldiers who have given so much that we may live free.

I have been meaning to blog but this time I do have a good excuse. Baby Chapman #6, grandchild # 12 on one said and #20 on the other is making his/her way into the world sometime in January. That sounds so far away but I have learned that time flies so fast and it seems to fly faster and faster the older I get. I am totally excited and I have already thought of a ton of names I like. Adam and Hannah are top on the list. I have loved the name Hannah since before I had kids and always thought my last would be Hannah but now it is one of the top names and I don't know if I want to do that? Part of me wants to do something non traditional like Eden. Time will tell. I have started a pregnancy journal for anyone who is interested,

We had a most wonderful weekend visiting with Ryan's family. The Chapman's had a family reunion and can I just tell you how much I love these people. The make me smile. How great it is to feel like you belong. A real sense of home.

Friday night we played games at my SIL Sarah's beautiful house. The kids watched a show in the play room while we played Mafia. I am a now a fan of this game. By the time we were done I finally got the strategy. Again we will play this game and I will reign supreme.
Saturday morning we cleaned out our garage then headed over to the church for
family funness/ traditional Chapman family b-ball game/fight.
While they taunted each other we played card games and enjoyed visiting.


Yesterday we had a nice dinner at my MIL's and celebrated Ryan's Grandma and Grandpa's birthdays. It is always so neat to watch the relationships develop in family. Even though we only see each other at best annually.
Joseph just loved Ryan's cousins little girl Staysha. He was so cute with her.After that those who had the nerve stepped up and did a little talent show. Some of the mommies decided to do a little skit/dancing. This is out of my comfort zone but I went along and we had a great time being goofy and making the family laugh, as well as ourselves. Good stuff.
SIL's Hope, Sarah, Amy, Allie, and cousin Leslie. I am in the back in the pink.

Ryan's brothers did an impromptu of the song "My Little Buttercup" from Three Amigos.
Very funny boys.


Joseph wanted to do something but he was to shy so he
and I lead the group in a round of "popcorn popping"

Joshua enjoyed my goggles. He gets my style even if no one else does.

Then today to start off the mode of Memorial day we sung some patriotic songs and my BIL Kyle talked about the importance of this day and paid tribute to Grandpa and his service in the War. We all cried and it was a powerful moment. Then some of my younger BIL's raised the flag and we said the pledge of allegiance. Very cool.

I felt lucky to catch this cute little moment.And then the games began. Wheel Barrel.This didn't work out like he thought it might. Joshua wouldn't go.The day would not be complete without the flour relay. Amy is showing us how it is done.Even Joshua got in on the action.Three legged race wasn't as fun as some of the kids hoped. Yet others booked it.They were so cute. This is Joseph with his cousin Ethan. They just took it slow and seemed to enjoy themselves.

It was a great weekend. I think I just blogged enough to compensate for my lack of in the past couple weeks.

5 comments:

Renegade said...

wow, i absolutely love that first picture...reminds you of what is most important..you have such a fun cute family...how lucky you and your kids are to be able to spend so much time together...Congrats on your exciting news..how are you feeling? what a lucky baby who will be much loved and taken care of...you have so many great photos of your memorial day weekend!

Ricki said...

How exciting! I was wondering when we were going to see a pregnancy post from you! Pregnancy, Young women's Presidency, Home School, oh my! I am getting tired just thinking about all you have to do in a day!

Candy said...

I am soooooooo excited for you! Congratulations. I loved reading about your reunion. We do one with our family every year since Ashleigh moved out. It is so fun to count on that weekend of family being together and creating memories. I loved the pictures!

Shannon Bieger said...

OH YAY!! I'm so happy for you guys!! Congratulations Chapman family! I can't wait to meet the new little one! How wonderful! I just had a feeling that announcement was coming. The lack of blogging lately made me suspicious. ; ) I'm praying for an easy pregnancy and a healthy delivery for Mommy and baby! Oh and I'll pray for some extra energy because I know what a precious commodity that is during pregnancy!

And what do you mean talent shows are out of your comfort zone. I've been in many a talent show with you. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! So you were pregnant while visiting your niece. So exciting. I don't know how you manage it all. I'm exhausted with Maddie. We're so happy to hear we have a niece or nephew on the way. Or maybe both! Love you.