Monday, June 09, 2008

Random things that make me happy

Everything I grow usually dies so I am so excited to see our radishes growing so well.
See this cute boy? When I looked at this picture I realized how much he looks like Jared did at this age.
I actually created something and I remember how much I love to make things. This was for my SIL's baby shower.

And look how cute these baby sock buds turned out, not bad for a first try. I tied them on to the outside of the present.
And here is my cute family above the Hoover dam.

We decided last minute to head of to Vegas with Ryan for their first boot camp weekend. I had such a terrible couple of days I decided I wasn't going to go. I knew Ryan would be busy the whole time and I wasn't sure how I felt about spending 4 days in vegas with the kids. We ended up having so much fun. I felt pretty good most of the time, had a few bad moments though. Mostly we just relaxed and I needed that so much. Our hotel was luxury. We got a free upgrade to a super nice suite at the Palazzo which was such a nice hotel. The shower had a jetted tub and 5 shower heads. I could get used to that!
I got to visit with my sister and that was fun. We just don't see each other enough. Also my SIL's Sarah, Allie, and Orchids were all there with their hubbies. We spent a lot of time at the pool and it was awesome. It was like bath water and that is my kind of swimming. Plus the pool was perfect for kids. There were 7 different pools to choose from.

On Thursday night we went out to eat at Denny's. "Yeah" sarcasm you might think but it was actually a lot of fun. Because it was only Denny's I didn't worry about the kids being loud. Emma even sung us her concert song in full voice and nobody cared. One old lady even told me how well mannered the kids were. With that said we decided at the beginning of the trip to make a game out of how many people made comments about having so many kids. I think we ended at 15. Most were normal comments were normal but a few were worthy of noting.
1st- a middle aged uppity looking women made a face before she asked if they were all mine. When I said yes I awaited her reply. when she shocked me with a big, "wow, you look amazing." It totally took me by surprised and I am sure my smile took her off guard as well.
2nd- a lady about 20 asked me if they were all mine and then proceeded to tell me how beautiful they all were and how she hopes when she has children the are that beautiful.
3rd- and not s nice. Ryan left somethingin the conference room after it was all over one night and we, as a family, went to go get it. Some of the members were still asking question and one man just kept staring. Then with a big grin on his face he said "You should join a circus" He thought he was so funny and I had to give him props for at least using some creativity and not giving the normal "You must be busy" response.

We went to the Hoover Dam on Friday and this was jareds favorite part of the whole trip. Who knew? He was so impressed that they could build that awesome building.
Inside the observatory they had interactive games for the kids. That was a hit as well. We then drove by their grandma's old house she lived in when she was little. They thought that was cool as well. Then we came back and met up with my sister and swam some more. I love swimming. After that we went over to the venetian, it is connected to the palazzo, and ate Gellato and watched a show they have in the middle shops. Sarah got picked to help with the magic show and that was fun for her. Then we went to dinner and we all felt so tired it was simply time to go to bed. We really had a great time bonding as a family and I am so glad we got this break.

One other random thing to note is how funny Joshua was with the strangers in the elevator. He would reach out and touch their hand our their leg. One man called him buddy so for the rest of the trip he kept saying "Hi buddy" to people. What a cutie.


We had to leave without Ryan since his little sister was getting baptized Saturday night and he wasn't going to be done till late. The drive was fairly painless and I was relived we made it with 5 minutes to spare.

The baptism was very nice even if the little boys were so tired. I belong to such a cute family After the family party I crashed and I am still recovering from the trip but it really was worth it.

5 comments:

Candy said...

Gosh, you do have a cute family;) I loved growing up around the dam and hanging out at the visitor center on Saturdays. There was nothing else to do around that big city of 500 (that is what it was at that time) great post and hope you are feeling better.

Megan said...

Wow, busy lady! You're amazing. Congratulations on the pregnancy! That's awesome news! I'm so excited for you.

I'm glad your trip went well. I LOVE family vacations. So tiring, but SO worth it. I just hate the vacation recovery when you get home. I usually take about a week to feel back to normal.

Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Great pic's of hoover dam!! and of the baptism. gotta love your camera!!

Anonymous said...

The last time we went to the Dam thyey told us that the new visitro center cost more to build than the actual Dam did back in the time is was built.

So glad you all had a great vacation together as a family.

Anonymous said...

So many typos in my last comment...

The last time we visited the Dam they told us that is cost more to build the New Visitor Center than the actual Dam cost back when it was built.

We are so glad you had a great family vacation and got to visit the Dam.