Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The joys of mommy life....

Today was a very hard day and I sat on the couch all day long. Then I had to go to YW's and miraculously I felt better then I have felt in weeks. It was so great to have an evening where I didn't feel terrible! Yeah, there is hope!

While I have a little energy left I will write about my adorable children.

Saturday when we had our do-nothing-but-lay-around-the-house-day I made cookie dough brownies. We ate some but there was a ton left. A couple days later Ryan notices that some are missing. When he went up stairs he saw some in the bathroom. Then started to investigate and found more in Joseph's room. SO this is the dialog that followed
Ryan, "Joseph did you eat the brownies?"
Joseph,"no"
Ryan,"Well then how did they get up here?"
Joseph,"They walked."
Ryan,"Then where are their legs?"
Joseph,"They don't have legs, the scoot like a boat."
He then proceeded to show Ryan with his hand how a brownie would make it's way upstairs by sliding.

When Ryan told me this I cracked up! Funny kid.

He asks me daily what size the baby is. Today I showed him pictures of a baby at this stage and he loved that. Then he looked at my stomach and said, "Well if the baby is that small then why is your stomach so big?" Yeah I have been wondering the same thing. Really though I just told him the baby need to be surrounded by fat, muscles, and fluid to stay asfe and grow healthy and strong. He is so excited about this baby.

Cute things about Joshua.
He loves stories and will bring me books all day and say "read you?"

Everything is in 2's right now, He started to say 2 babies the other day then stopped and said, "umm 1 baby" Funny kid

He loves his "amials" He will line them up and then with his cars crash into them and make them fly across the room. For some reason this makes me laugh which encourages him to do it again and again.

He loves to make me laugh. He gets a look of pure delight. I think we have a clown on our hands. He is always trying to get strangers to look at him so he can make them smile.

I had to put Joshua into the girls room for a little while. The boys room has no air condtioning. The first night I went in there to find Sarah in his crib reading to him and Emma standing right next to the crib. I made her get out. About 10 minutes later Emma came to me crying saying,"Joshua won't let me sleep, he wants me to lay in his bed, but I am so tired." I tried to explain to her that she didn't have to but she was afraid he would never go to sleep if she didn't do just what he wanted. This has been going on for several nights now. She loves him and wants to make him happy but then she gets so tired. She is such a love girl and I love her little smiles!

Sarah is going through an on year. The kids seem to take turns being on or off. Meaning they have times that are harder for them or easier and they seem to take turns. It is almost like they see someone else going through a hard time so they ease up. Sarah has been so happy and helpful and asks me several times throughout the day what she can do to help. It has been so nice with my feeling so sick, especially in the kitchen. Her and Emma love to make lunch together.

Jared on the other hand, Hmmm? I would not say an off year per say but he is getting older and testing his ability to question authority. He is still so good even when he is frustrated with our parenting. He simply sighs a heavy sigh and if we allow him he will give us a story of why he should not have to do what we asked him to but e is never rude or unkind to us.
On a good note, He is so concerned with me. He has come up to me so many times over the last few weeks and just give me a hug. SO sweet.

Basically what I am trying to say, I love these kids. I just can't imagine my life with out them.

4 comments:

Candy said...

I love your cute stories! I am glad you can see the "funny" in some of the mischief! I am glad you are starting to feel better - love ya!

Ricki said...

There is hope if you can at least have a good few hours! I just don't know how you continue to have all of these kids when you get so sick! I have never been sick when I was pregnant, and I think Heavenly Father knew I probably wouldn't have had as many if I had to be sick! Hang in there, this too shall pass!

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine if you weren't feeling sick, and taking the time to relax, that you would have noticed, and appreciated so many of these good things in your kids? I think sometimes that I run around too much to be able to learn to appreciate the little things. I'm so glad for the good example in you, and that you write these things in your blog so I can read them.

Julie Winder said...

I am always so glad to hit that 12 week mark, I spend the first weeks dreaded sick too. It is a good sign that all is well! You are truly inspring..all that you do. Thanks again for the reminder of the important things in life...I do love summers for the more carefree times with the girls..