Thursday, July 03, 2008

This post is a bunch of non sense put into one post.

I am finally posting. I have been feeling much better for most of the week. Boy is that a sigh of relief. A couple more weeks and I am hoping to be out the blue entirely.
I took this picture outside of church last week. I have been feel nostalgic and I remember when we would be all ready for church my mom would line us up and take a picture.
We had FHE in the park with our ward on monday and we had such an enjoyable time. I love cool summer nights, especially after hot days. They played this game that starts with a B. You try to get your ball the closest to the little white ball. It was great cause even Joshua loved it.
Speaking of Joshua, he made a friend. Reggie was so good with him. Joshua followed him around every where even when he was plahying Baseball, Josh followed him on the bases.
Joseph really enjoyed playing catch with dad and kicking the ball around.
This picture is great cause captures Joshua throwing the ball. His new thing is to say ,"catch" right before he throws something. Sunday in church he had two toys and he declared,"catch!" I was glad for the warning so I could stop him before it flew into the back of someones head. Jared was playing a game with me while I was trying to take his picture, he wanted to see if he could put his hand in the way before I got the shoot. Sorry pal, my camera is just to fast.
And here is Sarah posing for the camera.Emma loves her watermellon. She polished off the whole bowl. Isn't that really the essence of summer.

Speaking of relaxing summer, what was I thinking when I signed the three older kids up for basketball and the two younger ones up for swim lessons? Monday and Wednesday we have swim lessons and Tuesdat and thursday we spend 2 hours each for b-ball. And we also have piano on thursdays. Even though it keeps us busy I am so proud of how awsome Joseph is doing. He has become this little fish. No fear. He even jumps off the diving board. His favorite is when daddy takes him swimming "like a dolphin" under water. Joshua is still not so sure about it. He seems to be happy playing in the kiddie pool. And Bball is fun to watch the kids learn how to play better. Their little personalities sure come out on the court.

Poor little Joseph woke up so grumpy this morning. I had a rough night and I was not so sympathetic. I had checked him before we left for a fever because he was acting so out of character. Then at piano he climbed on my lap becasue he didn't want to play and I could feel he was warm. Shortly after his face turned pale and and I could tell all was not well. He fell asleep on the couch at grandma's while the kids played (piano is at grandma's) Once I felt like he had enough time for his stomach to settle we headed home and we have basically been on the couch since. He has thrown up over 5 times and I feel so bad for him. He has nothing left to throw up. What do we have planned for tomorrow? Probably just hanging out at home with the kids. Maybe once the younger ones go to bed we will have a fire and do smores. Maybe we will even get to see some fireworks.

Random but I just remembered this, Joshua's new thing to say is "goo goo gaw gaw" He is mimicking a baby. He cracks me up. The other thing we love is that he know says, "bon jou" This thrills us so much since his Grandparents are still in France. It started from a book on tape we listened to in the car and it has stuck.

We had a fun girls night on tuesday. We went to my SIL Sarah's house and the girls got their nails done and we tied their hair in rags. This turned out so cute! Then when they woke up we had major curls on our hands. To bad they went swimming before I got a chance to take a picture. Then they watched a movie while I snuck away to a metting and when I got back they were doing a talent show. Family is the best! I hope the kids always value these memories with each other.

While we did our girl thing the Ryan took the boys to go see Kung Foo Panda. I am guessing they loved it because they have been quoting it ever since. I must take a moment to say how blessed I am to have a man like Ryan. He loves me so very much and shows it in the ways that really matter. Like tonight, he is hanging out at the laundry mat, cause our drier broke, and doing it simply because he knows it needs doing and that I don't feel well. He has been helping out with food and getting up with the kids. This is not all though, he constantly tells me how pretty I am and how luck he is to have me. When I was young and wondered about my husband I didn't know I would be blessed with such a selfless loving man that is super hot on top of all his awesome qualities.
One more Random note, Girls camp is next week and I am so excited. I wish I felt better so that I could go the whole time. As it is I am going to go up on Thursday and come home the following morning. I hope the girls have a great time!

3 comments:

Candy said...

Great pictures! Today was the first day of no swim lessons - I was thinking the same thing why did I do this - I wanted to have a lazy summer - oh well, the kids love it!

Shannon Bieger said...

So I'm catching up on your blog and I am just dying laughing at Joseph's scootin' brownie story. That is one of the funniest things I've ever read.

Give all those beautiful kids a hug from me and tell Ryan I said "thanks for taking such good care of my friend."

Anonymous said...

The game you talked about is a French game played by old men in parks everywhere in France. They call it "Boules" pronounced "booles"