Wednesday, July 23, 2008

argghhh!

This will be short.

I just got back from the Dr and was told I need to go on a diet and lose a little weight because I have gained to much already. I am really unsure as to how I feel about this. Gaining weight this early is not normal for me but this whole pregnancy has been not normal. How does a vegan pregnant women go about losing weight and still make sure she gets all the nutrition she needs? Sigh.. If anyone has suggestions on how to do this I am all ears. I did start walking and that has helped me to emotionally feel better, but I can't imagine that is going to help me lose the weight.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Start eating a lot of meat! Ha ha ha ha! I'm just kidding. I was looking for some humor in an obviously frustrating situation. I'm sorry, I know how frustrating it can be when your gaining weight. :)

Trent said...

Really, was that Dr Moein or the nurse? I was told also that I had gained alot too but I can't take it personally its pregnancy

Megan said...

OK #1: don't take it personally. He's a doctor, and there's a reason the expression "get a second opinion" came about.

#2: I gained 11 pounds in one month and my doctor flipped out. But the next month I gained 1 and the next one I gained 3...so your body knows how to be pregnant much better than a doctor.

#3: I think you've got enough experience as a pregnant mom and as a woman to know your body, know your limits, and know what you need. Pay attention to what your body needs, and not so much what your mind wants. And excersizing is always good for you, just don't push too hard.

#4: You're awesome.

Julie Winder said...

I remember being pregnant and the nurse had just weighed me and proceeded to yell, "9lbs wow, that is a great weight gain." but, the tone of her voice didn't sound like she thought it was all that great...I always gain more in the beginning, it evens out in the end. the time goes by so fast, enjoy every minute! My triathlon friend you don't have to worry!