Monday, July 21, 2008

It's the best day ever!

Sigh. I always have intentions of writing, I think about it on a daily basis. I have been trying to not turn on my computer so that my children get my full attention and then at night I feel so tired I head straight to bed.

So tonight I have decided to just plug forward and do some bloggin

We kidnapped Ryan on Thursday and went to the OC fair. This is the fair I grew up on and it was so fun to take my family along. It was $1 ride days so the kids got to go on more rides then normal and I think they all felt funned out by the end of the day. As soon as we got there it was time to eat and really, who doesn't love fair food. I actually found some very tasty fish tacos.

We stopped for a long time while the kids watch pottery being made. I was surprised how long the kids were entertained by this. We were in no hurry and just enjoyed being together. Then we spot the funnel cakes. I was in complete shock that my husband had never had a funnel cake before. That was always the big treat when we went to knotts berry farm as kids. SO we got a couple and shared. The kids devored them. Yeah the stuff is really that good!

Then into kiddie land where the bigger kids got to rock climb. Joseph was so excited to do this until we found out he had to be 40 lbs. I was not sure on his weight but I was pretty sure he was lighter then that. (The next day we weighed him first thing in the morning and he was 39.6 lbs. Add shoes, pizza, funnel cake and some soda... he totally could have done it. Next time) they all loved the up but were not so sure on the down.

While the big kids climbed Joseph and Joshua got to ride several little rides. He was so cute when he got on this ride.

He didn't even wait for the lady to help him. He just climbed himself right in and had I not been there he would have climbed himself right out.

When it came down to it I don't think Joseph cared what rides he rode. He was just pleased to be on a ride.

This slide was huge. I was impressed that the little ones even wanted to ride.
We took a stroll through the shops. I cracked up when I saw this personality tester. It looks so old. I remember taking the test when I was young. The same machine. How funny. We then headed over to the animals. Do you see how big this thing is. I don't think the picture does it justice. I just kept staring at it because I had never seen anything like it. All the reptiles were abnormally large or weird.
And what would the fair be without the pig races? Ok, so I didn't even know people did this?My cow loving little boy was in heaven. I think he was in shock at how huge they were. (Sorry it is so dark I am to tired to lighten it right now)

After a good hand washing from being around the animals we headed over to what Jared called, "big kids land!" There they rode rides I think they would not ride again. Jared got off one and looked so sick. Sarah said she loved it but Jared was unsure. Some of those rides looked crazy. I don't remember the rides going up so high or so fast. Because I am pregnant I didn't try them but would be interested to another year. So the few rides I did ride? The ferris wheel. I HATE this ride. I really do. It shakes like it is unstable when you are stopped at the top. I don't like heights to begin with. When a ride moves fast I don't notice it the same. It is the slow jerky movements while they are loading the new group on. Not fun. So why did I go on it? Because this was the ONE ride Emma wanted to go on. She talked about it before we even got there. How could I say no?

The other ride was a little kid roller coaster. I got to go with Emma and Joseph and Joseph had me hold him tight the whole time. He was so cute abut it.

We them headed over to the Spectrum in Irvine and ate at Red Robin where the kids were all fairly well behaved because we had sufficiently worn them out! Since everyone was so tired we went to the movies. We do not go to the movies very often because it is expensive and the little boy does not sit still. But we braved it and he fell asleep pretty quickly. To bad we went and saw Wall-E. I was not plugging for this one and it was fairly slow. Not bad just not worth the money we spent.

All in all, it was a great day and I am so grateful for the time we spent together! Good memories!
At the end of the day I just smiled to myself as we went to bed. I love my little people and their wonderful father!!!

7 comments:

Karen said...

Cute pictures!! I have yet to take my kids to the fair. This might be a good year for that. Looks like you all had a really good time.

Candy said...

What a fun day at the fair! I love that you got such a great deal on and you could really enjoy everything! Happy summer!

brent and julie winder said...

Hey, I have been wondering how you are doing. Glad you are doing well! What a fun Day! I was exhausted just reading your post. Your kids will be talking about that summer day forever. I love those days when we all just play together, thanks for the reminder.

Megan said...

I SOOOOOOOO want a funnel cake right now. Poor Ryan...he had to go through his childhood without the important funnel cake introduction. That's just depressing. ;)

This post made me miss the Del Mar Fair(as opposed to the "San Diego County Fair"...). What a full day you guys had! I love family days!

Ricki said...

You must be feeling better if you can do all of those thigs in one day!!!! I hate the farris wheel, too! The heights, the stopping, the rocking! Not for me, I let Tony take them on those kinds of rides! Our fair is in a couple of weeks, and your post makes me excited for it!

Squirty Wart said...

How fun! I have to say that I love your hair cut! It is really cute! Keep enjoying those kids.

Anonymous said...

Next year tell me when the Fair is. I Want to go with you!! I remember going there in high school, and I think my kids would love it to.