Thursday, June 19, 2008

I can't even believe...

My baby is two.

We had such a nice mellow day. In the past I have had a birthday party for 2 year olds and I have decided that they don't really enjoy it. So for Joshua I decded to do what i thought he would like, read books, as many as he wanted. I had bought him a few books for his birthday and after we read those several times he picked out more and we snuggled and read. Then we went to my MIL's where Josh took me to the library and we layed on the ground and read a ton of books. My MIL and I then went to target and let him pick out his gifts. Cars, a ball, little einsteins rocket (a favorite with even the big kids), dollar spot animals. He also wanted lunchables for lunch, thats easy. My kids think they like lunchables but when I buy it for them they never eat. it.

We then went home, took naps, wrapped presents, and waited for him to wake up. He was so fun to watch when he opened his presents. He was in no hurry to move on to the next. He wanted to play with the one he had and I think he would have been happy with one toy.

After this we got pizza and went to the park. Joshua loves the swings and he was so funny when Sarah would push him. He would put his head backwards and hang upside down.

He just loved being free to run and play. On the way home I bought a birthday cake, Yes I bought my first store bought cake ever. That just tells you how great I was feeling. My kids are really not big cake fans unless it is lemon or cheesecake, mom and dad have played a big part in this;) SO when I saw this cake with cookies all over it I thought for sure it would be a hit. The kids ate the cookies and left the cake behind. A week later and I have a huge cake in my fridge.
He was so great though when we sand happy birthday. Joshua got really into it and sung right along with us. I love this kid!




I never thought they looked much a like until I saw this picture. Look at their eyes.
He reminds me of how smart Jared was at this age, he repeats everything we say and can communicate really well with us. He loves to sing and be heard just like Sarah. He always dances and sings when he hears music, no matter where we are. He loves to snuggle and make you laugh like Emma. We were eating noddles yesterday and I was laughing at how he was taking fistfuls and putting them in his mouth. I called Ryan over to come see and then Joshua became such a ham and started make animal noises as he quickly shoved food into his mouth. As we laughed he smiled and kept doing it. He loves his mommy tremendously and sometimes doesn't want to share me just look Joseph. He loves his food and sweets just like daddy, and has a smile that melts mommy just like daddy.

Joshua's names for the kids
Jared= aired
Sarah=airah
Emma= emmy
Joseph= Jouh

I know big families are not for everyone but I just can't imagine if we had stopped having kids before we had this little gem. He makes us all smile and is the best little buddy to his brother. He wants to be just like Joseph and follows him around doing whatever he does.

Joshua, I hope you always know how much you are loved by every member of your family.

1 comment:

Ricki said...

This makes me so sad! I cannot believe it has been 2 years since you moved away from us! He is so cute! We miss your family!